Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

edited 06/11/2012 - 8:45 AM in New Member Introductions
I am new to this forum and I am facing surgery for the first time in my life. I have been searching out doctors for a spine problem/injury for 11 months now. After going to many Dr. and not getting adequate answers - I have returned to one now who has said I probably need to have Multi level fusion.
I am having a discogram at 7:30 tomorrow morning to confirm the condition of the L5/S1 joint. I have L3/4 and L4/5 degeneration and no disc visible between L3/4. I have been severely impacted with my level of activity for the past 9 months and I am frustrated. I am coming to the end of my Cobra coverage at the end of July and really don't know what to do. Does anyone have any advice for me.
Grateful for any information.
Peace & Faith ~ Cindy

• Tomorrow should give you some solid answers. Because of your time limit I would push the doctor. Let him know that you only have a month to get this done.

Let us know what happens tomorrow. Usually the answer from a discogram is pretty fast.
  • good luck with the discography BUT .please what ever you do get at least another opinion a multi level fusion is a major operation and it is fraught with possible complications and not something you or anyone else should rush into ..{i myself have been told i need the very same operation}.i have not yet had the discography but i have had 2 other operation on my lower back .again...get another opinion .
  • How did the discogram go? If what I have heard about them is true you will possibly be sore for a few days. I understand that they are a great diagnostic tool. I'm scheduled for one too. Looking for a way out of it myself. LOL.

Have you looked into extending your Cobra? Not sure your situation, how long you have been on it, your situation but in many cases they do offer extentions through the government. It's certainly worth a few phone calls. I would call and ask them what your options are and ask them what else is available to you. Many times they won't tell you unless you ask.

Maybe you have gotten more than one opinion on your surgery?

I know it seems like forever but 11 months is not all that long in this "stinkin" battle. I'm sorry you even have to go through it but am glad you are making some headway.

Let us kmow how you are doing, what the outcome of your discogram was and any other details you are willing to share. We're here!