Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

c6 c7 fusion op

miss grumpymmiss grumpy Posts: 107
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:45 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
hi just had decompresion and fusion at c6 c7 without a plate being fitted. my worry is i have been sent home in a soft collar. will this be enough protection does anyone know?
advertisement

Comments

• I'm glad to hear your past surgery and home now. Doesn't that feel good to be home after surgery?

I wouldn't worry about only having a soft collar. It so varies from surgeon to surgeon - some people go home with a hard collar, some with a soft collar and some with no collar at all. I'd be terrified to have no collar, but I think for a one-level decompression, you should be fine in the soft collar.

Trust your doctor - he or she knows what's best, so don't worry, k?

Take care of yourself and remember to follow your restrictions. How are you feeling?
    Cath
  • thank you, feeling tearful, silly eh
  • Don't be silly. You just went through a big surgery. It's normal to feel relief that it is over and be scared about each step of recovery.

The other thing is that most narcs can make you emotional. I know whenever I take something at night I spend at least a half hour in bed crying over the stupidest things.

I'm sure you are glad it's over. From here on it just gets easier.
  • Howdy! Like Cath said, each surgeon is different, and too the surgeries we have a different. As for tears, let them out, they can help knock some stress out. :)

Are you silly? Absolutely NOT! You just went through a major surgery, and your body is going through a lot of recovery and adjusting. I hope you are feeling better today and beyond!! Support *HUG*

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
advertisement