Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Set back in recovery but doc is great

hotcoffee29hhotcoffee29 Posts: 327
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:45 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I had to see both my surgeons yesterday for follow up appointments.

First one was with my OBGYN for Hysterectomy, I am now 2 weeks post op and despite some of the complications I have been having everything is recovering well and I must continue to take it easy and be careful during my flight to England as I am still at risk for a blood clot, they advised me to take asprin and wear my compression stockings, and keep my feet moving.

Next I saw my spine surgeon and my back has really been bothering me over the past week, just a real bad back ache that has been challenging to del with. My doctor was wonderful and so kind. He explained that although he doesn't believe my surgery has caused me any harm it has definately set me back and it explains alot of my pains and the fact that I can't do my excerises, now I can resume some of them so that should help.

I explained to my doctor about the reasons for my trip and the emotional roller coaster and the death of my granny. He told me that he cannot believe how good I looked after 2 major surgeries and everything that I have been through that he should be asking me for advice!! He gave me xanax to get through my flights and to help me sleep so that I stop tensing my back and made sure I had enough pain medicine for when I was away and wants to see me again when I return from my trip just to check on me, he was so nice to me and so patient with me, he made me feel so good yesterday/

I know I need to continue to take it easy but start doing some of my excercises, just have to listen to my body, stop when it hurts. Funny thing is my insurance company will not re-fill my demerol probably because 2 docs have prescribed it to me now, maybe I need to contact them and explain that I had 2 major surgeries.

On a good note, I am going to do my best to attempt to see Eclipse with my kids this afternoon, I bought the tickets in advance and I am the huge twilight fan!!! LOL Even if I hurt afterwards, it will be worth it!!!!

One of the biggest issues I suffer from daily is unrelenting nausea!!!! Does anyone have any good tips on how to help ease this. I have lost about 5 lbs since my last surgery, I am down 25lbs altogether, woo hoo.....I am down to 127lbs, I started this to help take the xtra weight off my back, I believe it does help.

So sorry for the long post, feels like your all family here and I just keep talking, LOL

Wishing each and every one of you well,
Sandra xx

• Good to hear about your great report and recovery is going well with a few setbacks you're still moving forward.

I hope you had a good Afternoon with your kids. I drink ginger ale if I have a minor nausea episode. As long as you're having a daily BM and not caused by that reason. I used to have nausea for some reason before and took tums because they're calcium but most antacids have aluminum so prefer even Milk of Magnesia a smaller dose is used for nausea. Hope you're feeling better soon. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • :D

Sounds like you have a compassionate doctor, who is taking good care of you. :-)
    I know that you have had some problems, but it does sound like you are still moving towards recovery.

I was also going to suggest you trying ginger for your nausea. It is a much used remedy for it.

Do make sure, that when you hurt, you listen to your body and rest. I know as a mum it is hard to not keep going, but you must look after yourself. You have to get yourself into shape for this flight and journey to England to see your mum, granddad and family.

We are here for you, cheering you on and praying for you. :-)
  • So, so happy to hear from you Sandra and to know you are ok! I have been thinking of you and praying/hoping that you are ok!

I am so glad to hear that you have supportive, compassionate doctors, which is just what you need.

You have been through so much! Thankfully, you have another 2 weeks to rest and heal before your trip. Please force yourself to just recover! You want to feel the very best you possibly can while you are abroad.

I am a big Twilight fan too! How was the movie! I was so envious when I read you were going to see it! I haven't gone to a movie yet since my fusion and I really want to!

Once you talk to your insurance, they should be willing to pay for your RX. Mine did the same after my fusion and I was so upset! LOL :) But our pharmacy took care of it and now it's no longer an issue!

Are you beginning to feel better? I am sorry you are so nauseous. Boy would I love to lose weight though! Once my thyroid levels get to an acceptable level, it should start coming off though!

I have told myself that if I can just get my life back, I will never take the basics for granted. Like going to the gym, picking something out in my closet to wear, watching a movie, dancing with the hubby, etc, etc!

I am so, so happy to know you are OK. I was so worried about you! I will keep you in my prayers that you continue to heal and recover for your trip!

Sending gentle hugs! xxxx Shari