Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Feeling better

tonyanwisconsinttonyanwisconsin Posts: 189
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:45 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Well I am happy to report I am finally starting to feel better. I still have pain at the surgery site but the pain meds take it virturally away. I am also taking less pain meds now too. My overall feeling of well being has improved since starting my blood pressure pills. Who knows how long I have been walking around with high blood pressure untreated. My pressure is much better now and I have more energy. That is amazing me.

I have the energy to clean the house now..do dishes..cook dinner. Now I am starting to feel like myself again. I still follow the no BLT trust me. My husband has even noticed the difference. I also don't need a nap everyday like before. I was tired all the time..short of breath with anything. I know the blood pressure was causing all of it.

So as much as I hated to be diagnosed with hypertension. It is a mixed blessing because the medication has helped me in my recovery. I see the surgeon in a couple of weeks. I am going to ask him to release me to return to work. Financially I cannot stay out any longer. I spoke with an old supervisor and there is a clinic nurse position open right now. So she told me to apply for it. It isn't my #1 pick of a job because it is a float position, but now isn't the time to be picky. I should be thankful I can get a job right now.

Just wanted to let everyone know your support throughout this time has meant a great deal to me.

• WooHoo! That is fantastic Tonya! Absolutely awesome!

I am so happy for you! What a blessing that your blood pressure was identified and there is a fix!

Keep us posted on how you are doing and
    how your follow up goes!

I am praying for an outcome similiar to yours, with my thyroid level. It will take longer, but I pray that it is the umph that I need as I just am exhausted all the time!

I am so very happy for you! WooHoo! :)
  • LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    Glad your feeling so much better now Tonya.
    Good Luck with the job application, I hope it's yours.

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • that's good news, i'm happy for you.
    hopefully your old job will open back up soon and you can get that one back.
    just keep taking that blood pressure med. and good luck with it. i know how you feel about them, i'm currently taking 2 kinds of blood pressure meds.
    need to get mine lower then it is.

have a good day.

• I am so pleased to hear from you, and the great news of how well you are doing is a bonus.

At last, it is your turn to start to get your life back. I think it is easy to put any problems or bad symptoms down to the surgery.
    Good news that they have diagnosed what your problem was, and that the high blood pressure is being treated now.

Best of luck going for this job.
    That would just be icing on the cake :D

Here comes your improved life :-)
  • I remember a boss I had years ago that was the same. He was tired all the time and had been a really active person. The diagnosis of hypertension changed his life. Good to hear you are on the mend and I hope you continue to improve.

Good luck with your new job!

Peggy x
  • No one ever likes to find out they have another condition that needs treating, but sometimes it can be such a blessing. Knowing what is wrong, how to take care of it, and maybe even how to cure it can really help out. I really wish I could find the source of all my falling apart. The back is healing well, but I'm in for shoulder surgery on Thursday. I don't think I've got a major body part that hasn't required surgery over the last ten years. I'm a mess. Energy? What's that? I just can't get myself moving to do anything but throw the ball for the dog.
    3 level spinal fusion, L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1, November 2008. Stiff, but I can walk.
  • It's great to hear you are doing better. A clinic job sounds great for you now. Sometimes floating isn't so bad cuz you can stay clear of all the office politics! Watch that salt intake!! Have a happy 4th! Lynette
  • Yippie! keep up the good hard work. glad you're feeling better. me too. mel v.
  • I'm so happy for you. I hope your float job goes well. I used to move around a lot when I was younger and got to know a little of everything so I could decide what kind of Nursing was right for me. I'm sure places where you go will want to keep you on for good and it's good to have the option where you work the best.

I guess on the job you can check your B/P also and keep it in check. I'm so glad you're feeling more energy just want to wish you the best and keep us posted. Take care. Charry

DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Just checking in to see how you are doing?

I am hoping you are still feeling better, and improving every day!

do you have a date to return to work?

I have been on vacation for the past week, so I have been feeling good! :)

Wish I didn't have to go back.....oh well!

Thinking about you and wishing you the very best!