Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Question about my C-spine

edited 06/11/2012 - 8:45 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
As some of you had read about me, x-rays showed my c-spine is straight not curved anymore. What does that mean? My doctor did'nt explain nothing to me about it. So I'm wondering if that could be whats causing my headaches and pain. Is there anyway to fix it? Or do I even need to have it fixed?

• I think what you mean is "loss of cervical lordosis" which is a fancy term that means your spine in your neck is not curved the way it should be according to the textbooks. Kyphosis is when it actually curves the opposite way.

What you have to remember is that doctors only treat what hurts. They listen to what you complain of hurting and then look at your test results to see if they can find a connection. They only look at test results first to make sure there isn't something that might not hurt but could cause serious future damage.

After reading your posts I would suggest that you find a qualified orthopedist or neurologist who you feel comfortable with. Remember that you may need to try a few different doctors until you find one you like and can work with - this is not a once a year doctor so make sure you can relate to the doctor and his staff. After reviewing your history and doing a complete exam they would probably recommend either some tests or some treatment.

My personal feeling is that you have moved past what a GP can handle. So if you don't need a referal do some checking around.
  • Thanks Kris. Yeah I think I need a different kind of doc too. I think my straightend spine is also causing this hump on my back. Well not on my back exactly. But above my shoulders at the base of my neck. It get's so pinful on that hump when I sit for too long.
  • Your straight neck could be causing your headaches,i also had a straightened lordosis when my discs were herniated. Usually its caused by the muscles tightening up in your neck to try and keep everything in place. Have you had any kind of therapy for your neck or any kind of massage to that area?