Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I am fusing says the doc @ 6 weeks post-op

mel v.mmel v. Posts: 59
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:45 AM in Lower Back Pain
Hi Everyone, I've been quietly hoping for good news today and I have it. My 6-week post-op from PLIF L4/L5 is fusing. That is great!! If I wasn't on dilaudid and lyrica, I'd have a big drink to celebrate. I have virtually no pain, just
fatigue when I start doing a lot of things around the house etc....life... I have to be a good girl and behave for 6 more weeks...which by the way, seems like an eternity before resuming my previous life @ around 85%. After 3 months I can also start out-patient physical therapy and aqua-therapy. For now, I'm fusing and can go in the water and cool off. Only floating, walking and back stroke. As far as exercises, it is walking, or recombunt bike. Moving right along. Sorry to be boastful, but happy happy happy. Happy 4th to all.
Best, mel v.

Edited for improper language by Tam

• What a great post! I know that this is going to give hope to a lot of people still early in recovery out there or those facing surgery in the future.

Please do keep behaving yourself, but maybe skip a pill and have a drink to celebrate over the weekend. I know when I learned that I was fusing "ahead of schedule", I was ecstatic, so I know the feeling.

Keep up the good work and have a great "freedom" day!

• Thanks Cath111, =D> You're words mean a lot to me. I hope you have a great 4th of July where ever you live. Have a drink for me too. Cheers!! :))(
  • That is wonderful news Mel! Excellant job!

Keep up the great work, following the rules but also enjoying your newly remodeled spine! :)

Be a good girl in the water! :)

• great news, glad for you.
    but still be careful, and dont do anything that might harm the fusion its still in the early phases.

i'll drink a beer for you :D

take care and enjoy
  • That is excellent. Keep up what you are doing cause it sure is working. And don't feel bad. We need to hear more good news around here!!
  • Congratulations Mel!

That is such good news. Although fusion is under way, you have a way to go, so do look after yourself. :-)

Have a great weekend and 4th July! <:P
  • LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    Well done Mel, glad to hear you are doing so well

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • hiya mel
    so happy for you ...i fused fast also ...keep up the great work your doing..
    really be mindful of what your doing ..i had to write notes to myself so i didn't over do stuff..
    waterwalking is great ...i didn't do so good in pt but i read up on water therapy and that was great for me...
    so so excited for you..i remember getting that great news also..keep up the great recovery ..and yes six more wks sounds long but everything you've done thus far... you can do anything...
    tc and keep us posted
    neck,bone spurs pain started 04, back issues and fusion l4,l5 06~hardware removed.
    good few yrs. 09 pain sharp, numbness feet,legs, diagnosed fibro, neurop. legs.lung issues.
    daily goal do good thing for someone.
  • hi have had afusion c5 c6 also got artritus in spine have 2 2level prolapses in my mid and lower spine which have been checked waiting for spinal dye and such into the area of prolapses to see what happens in the spine when i move then skeleg into discs have had nerve root blocks didnt work, what a load of rubbish also have fibromyalgia, barrets oesophagus, hiatus hernia, virtego,suffer major migraines ,migraines are due too neck prob as i was told by neuro, the neuro asked was tiger woods playing golf with my spine. well anyone got all these probs need a sympatetic ear my gp said bring you out and shot you very nice he was joking i hope.did you know barretts is very common most people dont getr diagnosed and defelop cancer before itsa found so if you have recuring acid regurgitation or constant heartburn get it checked people insist on getting it checked if its found early it can be watched ive heard of many people dying from oesophagual cancer not too nice so please get checked
  • Congratulations, Mel!! I'm so happy to hear your good news of fusion beginning. Just take it slow and don't overdo (the "mother" in me).

This discussion has been closed.