Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Results of Trial and Headache Question

suegreessuegree Posts: 13
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:45 AM in Spinal Cord Stimulation
I just completed my 1 week trial with St. Jude's SCS. I had a rough few days but then I settled in. I couldn't decide whether or not it worked enough to warrant a permanent one.
My problem is that I've had severe lumbar back pain, especially on the upper right, for 10 years. Then, I fell last Thanksgiving and severely sprained my ankle and contused my knee. It developed into RSD. The trial helped about 90-95% of my neuropathy in my legs and feet, but I had difficulty covering the upper right lumbar area without too much stim in the lower buttocks.

I decided to go on a marathon shopping trip as walking and standing are when my pain is the worst. I lasted 5 hours without being in agony the next morning.
That decided it. I'm going to go ahead.

However, I've developed a severe headache since my PM doctor removed the leads yesterday. Could I get a spinal headache from a removal?

• Seeing how it's Friday, call your Dr. today since it's the week-end, if ordinary pain killers and ice don't help your headache you should seek medical attention. I haven't had a scs just wanted you to talk with the Dr. before you have to go through the weekend. Keep us posted how you're doing. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I'm planning too this afternoon--he does procedures this morning. I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced this.
  • Hi I am not sure about headache. But you will love SCS. Once you have it implanted you will notice how much more you can do. I am still on med but I did cut back on them. As you know you won't be same as you was before pain butyou will be a lot better then you was

• Definitely contact the doc. It is very possible that you developed a CSF leak from the lead removal. Does the headache resolve if you lay down and then come crashing back as soon as you sit up?