Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Loud Crack and Pop??

J.J.GreyJ.J.Grey Posts: 2,965
edited 06/11/2012 - 1:45 PM in Lower Back Pain
The other day I was sitting on the side of my bed and twisted to get a pillow when I heard an extremely loud cracking noise. It was so loud that it woke my husband up to ask what the noise was.

Ever since then I have had pain in a central location in my thoracic spine. Nothing down my leg like with my low back but it is localized pain.

Has anyone experienced this? If so what was the outcome? I am only asking for personal experience and input and do know that nobody here can give medical advice.

Thanks in advance for any input that you may have.
advertisement

Comments

• sorry to read you are experencing some new pain.. :S that is always a little scary!! i do hope it is only temporarary and that it is gone soon.. wish i could tell you more than that but i do hope you are feeling better soon! Jenny :)
  • I really appreciate the comment. It is good to know that somebody cares and wishes me well.
    Thanks again.
  • I'm having problems with my computer screen tonight. Anyways are you still having pain? Does it go down your arm or anything? With my facet joints moving over the muscles I hear they can make a crack noise like mine does sometimes. Also with DDD I can crack my back just turning a little or my neck. I hope you're okay and check with your Dr. if you're still having pain tomorrow. Take Care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I am still having pain. No nerve pain just localized mid back.

I do have an appointment to see my doc in 2 weeks and will ask if I am still in pain.

I am bone on bone at L3/L4 and really fear that the level above has done something new.

Thanks again for the response.
  • I think more people care than may seem obvious. I didn't reply before because you were asking for comparable personal experiences and I have none to offer. But I do hope it isn't anything serious. You should maybe get it checked out. :)
    Linda

2009 Foraminotomy C6-72010 PLIF L4-S1Multi RFA's, cervical inj, lumbar injLaminectomy L3-4 and fusion w/internal fixation T10-L4 July 17Fusion C2-C5 yet to be scheduled
  • inchworm and thanks for your comment.
  • Sorry for the delay, but was 'out of commission' for almost a week. :(

For years my thoracic would be 'out of adjustment' just > < much, and my Chiropractor would pop it back into alignment. I had similar to what you're describing a number of years ago twisting and bending to get my bowling bowl off the rack to bowl. When I awoke the next day, I truly thought I was having a heart attack! It turns out my alignment was so bad at the T8/9 level, a rib even pushed out a little = the 'heart' pain. 2 sessions later I was good to go again.

Fast forward to present. I get pops in the mid thoracic constantly, and along with it I have what I call my "burning ring" of fire around the front of my chest with occasional stabbing in my thoracic. On my last MRI, T8/9/10 were black, and at the T8/9 are what look like 'bird beaks' on the bones. I was told those are spurs - and probably the pain source. Not a candidate there for surgery, and from what little I've seen of surgery there, goodie! I don't want to be a candidate anytime soon!

I hope you are feeling better. If I were you, and it isn't getting better, call your doctors office and ask them to add you to the 'if someone cancels call me' list. Support *HUGZ*

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • :O

I have not heard of anything but your mind wantd to go into defense mode in case something did break. I still have smaller snwps and crackl;es.
advertisement