Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New member just wanted to say HI!!!

flyankfflyank Posts: 5
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:45 AM in New Member Introductions
just wanted to introduce myself and say Hi to everyone here... looked around and see this is a great site to share information to help us all with CP... thank you all in advance for that.... little about myself.. in Law Enforcement for 14 years and was rear ended in a car accident on duty in 2002.. dealing with 3 cervical herneated discs, DDD, arthritis, spondylitis.. well you all know the common injuries with bad whip lash... been seeing a PM Dr for the past 1.5 years and wish I did this sooner. currently take Opana ER bid and percocet bid (just switched back to percocet from Opana IR to try this combo) along with Soma for the good 'ole spasms.. working towards fighting worker comp now for surgery. I never had too much of any problems from the injury until about 2 years ago so this is a fairly new W/C claim... wish everyone a pain free day!! one day at a time....

• been though all the injections.. epidurals, facet blocks and trigger points.. not much results execept trigger point as needed when it flares up bad....
  • Just wanted to say welcome to Spine-Health. This website has been a great blessing for me!!
  • Welcome to Spine-Health. There are a lot of great articles on this site and the forum is wonderful for support and reference. I think you'll find the members here are very helpful, knowledgeable and supportive. I'm glad you found us.

Luckily for me, I don't know about WC issues, but I can understand your cervical problems. I had an ACDF in Oct. 08 and just yesterday had an MRI and CT scan on my cervical spine to see how the adjacent levels are holding up and how my C6/7 incomplete fusion is doing.

So many of us spend years fighting our spine battles before we get to the point of surgery, for many different reasons. Some WC like you, some their particular health insurance and others, like myself, didn't have onset problems until years and years after our initial injury.

There are some members here who know about WC and they can no doubt help you if you have questions and issues. They're info will be from experience, but that can be very valuable information.

Take care and please keep us posted on your progress through your spine journey. We're here for you.

• Hi flyank,

Welcome to Spine-Health forum. You'll find lots of info and friendly help here, so dive right in and ask questions and share your experience. You may be able to help someone else at the same time you're finding help. :)

2009 Foraminotomy C6-72010 PLIF L4-S1Multi RFA's, cervical inj, lumbar injLaminectomy L3-4 and fusion w/internal fixation T10-L4 July 17Fusion C2-C5 yet to be scheduled
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. so glad you stopped by.. you will meet lots of great people with good info and advice to share!! i do hope you are able to avoid surgery. good luck and keep us informed! stop by anytime! Jenny :)
  • hi there
    I welcome you and this is great place..
    I myself am a backie and have fibromyalgia so i'm all overie..
    I do know how bad w/c can be just from working as a mangager for so many yrs..
    and i don't wish that on anyone..it's bad enough to deal w/pain 24/7 and to have to wait for some ppl sitting behind a desk to decide what treatment you get is horrid..

I'm from chgo area and you?
    Are you still able to do light duty work?
    I so wish i had the support of this great place yrs ago befor my fusion(which got me walking)...
    Hopefully you have a good case worker helping you..
    welcome and keep posting
    neck,bone spurs pain started 04, back issues and fusion l4,l5 06~hardware removed.
    good few yrs. 09 pain sharp, numbness feet,legs, diagnosed fibro, neurop. legs.lung issues.
    daily goal do good thing for someone.
  • sorry, did forget some background info... injury was from when I was living and working in NY. Happened in 2002. Now live in sunny south east Florida. The NY W/C case manager has not been too helpful and the claims adjuster for the insurance carrier is just plain evil.. Whenever I call her it's just a battle, her constantly saying how she will fight everything that is put in for me... I will see how long I can go but might have to get an attorney. Being in Law Enformcent (kinda got hurt alot), this is not my first go around with W/C so I know how to handle things.. waiting 6 weeks now for her to approve and MRI that she wants.. I do have a hearing next week so this will be brought to the judges attention... thanks all for the support and kind words..
  • Sorry to hear the struggles with WC. I opted for LTD but to me it's the same hassles and it's really harassment what they put you through. I hope you get your MRI soon and treatment. A Lawyer is sometimes necessary dealing with them. If you need surgery try and get 2 opinions at least. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • thanks... my PM Dr wants an MRI done once a year at it's time for the new one.. The Ortho I was seeing before PM said the last option before surgery was trying PM to see if the pain could be managed and it was at first but is getting worse. PM Dr. suggests and I agree that we open the idea of surgery.
    The worse is driving in this south FL horrible traffic... looking left or right quickly causes the neck to pop loudly and then I'm out of commission for a week.. Reading around here, I see Opana is not liked but it works for me and next week at my monthly PM appt. the Dr is adjusting it again.. 30mg TID. instead of BID with Opana IR or Percocet 10 for BTP. Trying the TID without BT meds for a month to see... hoping atleast.
  • Howdy FL Yank!

Welcome to Spine Health! There is a search box at the top of the web page should you need it. There is TONS of great information here between the articles from the doctors here and the members. :)

Recently retired federal law enforcement here...also in SE Florida - Homestead, and YES the traffic here is the worst in the country by far!

I had to retire before our mandatory age due to my issues as we don't technically have 'light duty.' I hope my brother that you can avoid surgery and finish your career to the timing and date of YOUR choice. If not, make sure 'plan B' is in place if you have to retire. I hope you continue to work it through safely. Stay safe!!!

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.