Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Woke up w/ my leg numb freaked out!!

RwillRRwill Posts: 300
So over the past few weeks I have discovered I'm having a harder time laying on my back. Normally this is a comfortable position with a pillow under my legs. I have woken up with increased pain in my leg I change position and it got better. A couple days ago I woke up about 4am and I could not move my toes or foot, from the thigh down was numb. It was hard not to flip out because I've never had that severe of numbness before. I have had some numbness/tingling here and there from inpingment prior to surgeries. It took a few minutes but I moved and layed there trying to make my toes move. I would say it was a good 10mins before I could get up and go use the restroom. Do you think it's maybe just the position I was in? Should I notify my doc? I am scheduled for an EMG test in a few weeks so that could show if I have any nerve things going on, right? I am nervous because I should be getting my SCS soon and I know you can't do an MRI after that so I want there to not be anything worse going on....

• i would personally get an mri now just to be sure nothing has gotten too much worse.
  • I think I'll make a call and see if they will do another MRI before I get the SCS. I don't like how this is feeling.
  • Howdy Rwill,

More important to me than the MRI is let your doctor know immediately about the numbness. It's not like a toe or foot was numb, but you're describing thigh down to the foot - that's a rather big symptom, no? I would guess with that, your doctor would be more likely than not to get you further testing. Please let us know how it goes. Positive thoughts heading your way... :)

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.