Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

any advice is wellcome

adriansssaadriansss Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:45 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
i have a friend that has problem with his spine
the doctors said he has 13 vertebras..not 12 like usual
and he has headache everyday... the doctors only said that he musn't stay in the sun to long
is there other solution for this? a surgery or smthing?
any advice is wellcome :)
tnx very much

• Welcome to Spine-Health. I think it's you're a very good friend to ask for help for his condition.

But, with that said, can you give us more information? With spineys, staying out of the sun is not any form of solution, unless it's because of medications.

What does the doctor say about his spine? What are his symptoms? There are a lot of conservative treatments to try for spine problems, but unless we have more information, there's really nothing we can do or say to help. So, the more information you can relay to us, the more possibilities there are for us to help.

• ty cath
    the doctors said few things
    the problem is that he has 1 more vertebra and that is near the head...where spine fuse with the head
    they said is a rare case and that there are 10 people in the world with this ... they said that is not deadly but to protect against the sun...me either not see the connexion with the sun
    i searched on internet but coudn't find anything usefull
    i found something interested about Scheuermann disease but nowhere about that 13-teen vertebra
    i am from romania and our doctors dont do their job properly and thats why i need all help i can find here
    tyvm 4 responding me :)
  • I would have your friend ask the doctor what the sun has to do with his treatment and or condition. Also have them give you the name of his exact condition it might assist you in looking it up online. I know a couple friends who have extra vert. but they are in the lumbar area so I can't provide any advice. Sorry to hear you are having so much trouble getting information and that the medical help over there is lacking. He is lucky to have a friend like you that is trying to help.