Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Back to Work update from ACDF C5-C6

hilojannahhilojanna Posts: 28
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:45 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hello all,

I just wanted to post an update on my surgery. Prior to my surgery, I had read posts on this site, which eventually gave me insight and helped me to make the decision to finally do it. I just wanted to come back and post my results in case anyone else here is looking for advice.

I returned back to work 4 days ago, and realized after sitting at my desk all day, that my surgery was totally worth it.

Even though I had a somewhat hard recovery, and not much help, and then on top of that had bad withdrawal for over 2 weeks - I would definitely do it again, in a heartbeat! I was so nervous before having the surgery, I almost chickened out. But seeing positive posts here, made me go through with it.

I still have slight pain every once in a while, but compared to the pain I suffered every waking moment before surgery, I am so glad that I did the surgery. I have a little weakness in my affected arm, and still a twinge now and again. My range of motion is slightly less than what it was, but still quite good, at least good enough to drive fine.

I realized that I no longer want to cry myself to sleep everynight and at the end of the day of work. I can do almost everything I could before, and it's only been 2 months since my surgery. My neck makes creaky noises but it's all good, I think. I've already tried surfing again (caught only one wave before getting tired out), but that's to be expected I suppose, since I haven't been out even months before the surgery because of the pain. I painted my bedroom last weekend, and moved furniture. Things I could not have done before the surgery!

So for those of you thinking about it, sitting on the fence, as I was - here is some feedback. Be aware, that everyone is different!!!! This is only my experience. But good feedback is good to hear also.

Good luck to all of you!

• SpineAZSpineAZ WiscPosts: 1,084
    Take it easy and listen to your body. You may need some additional rest as you are still recovering. If your neck tells you to lay down when you get home, be sure to listen! Glad to see you are on the road to recovery.
    2 ACDFs, 2 PCDF, 3 LIFs; Rt TKR; Rt thumb fusion ; Lt thumb arthroplasty; Ehlers Danlos