Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Clicking Skull

seannydsseannyd Posts: 1
I have been experiencing a clicking sound around the base of my skull for a whle now. It is worse when I wear flip flops or no shoes. It doesn't hurt, but is very annoying. My Chiro and GP have no idea what it is from. Anyone else have these symptoms? Please help!!!

• I have that constantly here. I have disk and bone spur issues at my C2/3, and my NS indicated that in my case the spurs are causing the noise. No pain with the noises either, just annoying to hear all the time!

I hope you find yours is also not a problem. Welcome to Spine Health!!

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Although I don't see any relevance of wearing the different shoes.

I think that all of us, even people with "normal" necks, can hear different noises as we rotate our heads. Sometimes the noises are just the ligaments stretching as we move. Mine snaps, crackles, and pops as if I were pouring milk over a bowl of rice krispies.

But if this is something real concerning to you, always consult with your doctor. Welcome to spine-health.

Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
  • Sean,
    Welcome to spine-health! I have started experiencing popping at the base of my skull, and my doctors and PT told me it is likely muscles, tendons, and scar tissue. I have also had some burning on the back of my head, and they attribute this to nerves next to the inflammed and popping tendons and muscles.
    Maybe try icing/heating the area and get a massage - that always helps me out!
    Good Luck!
    April 2011 C1-C2 Fusion (Brooks wiring)
    January 2012 C1-C2 Revision Fusion (Harms Technique)
    2010 - current: Trigger Point Injections, Epidural Injections, Bilateral C2-C3 Radiofrequency Ablations