Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

this is nice!

micklp66mmicklp66 Posts: 72
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:45 AM in Chronic Pain
i have been dealing with chronic neck pain for years, finally got a decent pain managment dr that gave me the lidoderm patch-- which works great-- the only thing thats helped me in years---- now my insurance company is fighting me because it's too expensive, so i'm back to square one. i spoke with the insurance company- like talking to a wall, they don't care.... another miserable day from a very disgusted person in pain

• I'm sorry your insurance is being a pain. My insurance doesn't cover Lidoderm either, but it didn't work for me anyway. Maybe ask the pharmacy of any where you can go for help paying for the prescription. You can also tell the doctor you can't afford the prescription and maybe he will supply samples or prescribe something similar that would be covered. You can call your insurance and ask about appealing the decision for denying the medication, not sure how far that will get you though. I don't have anymore suggestion, I just hope you find a way to get the prescription filled.
  • micklp66 --i just tried the lidoderm patch this week wow made a big deference in the muscle pain ,and the spazing muscles, not so good for the in side,an leg pain. i had to call my insurance a couple times to get them to cover it they finely went my way sort of i have a larger co pay than normal for the first box and if i need more we will see. my doc also say there is a patch something like lidoderm that my be covered called flector. mine would not , good luck i no is sucks when you find something that finely gives you some relief and cant have it .
    although i do find myself way over doing stuff now and hurting way more on the inside
  • I too was getting the Lidoderm Patches that I used on my lower back and my knee and they worked really well on those 2 spots but I also had savage foot and leg pain along with the other pain. My insurance co also stopped paying for mine because of the expense. I could have had my Doctor call and tell them it was medically necissary for me to get them and they would have paid for them.
    Fortunately I had my pain pump implant and now I no longer have any pain in my lower back, feet, legs and my knee so I no longer need the patches.
    They worked really well for me so I understand how upset you are.
    Have you had your Doctor call your insurance company and tell them that it is medically necissary(sp?) for you to get the patches for your pain? You calling the company will do no good.....it needs to be your Doctor. If you have not already ask hem/her to do this for you please do. It may or may not work but it is sure worth the try.
    My insurance co has refused to pay for some of my meds from time to time and my Doctor calling them has always worked for me.
    Best of luck to you. It is so very upsetting to have something working to ease your pain and then it is denied you. That is down right cruel. My heart breaks for you.
    Sending a gentle hug.
    Patsy W
  • my dr wrote my script that stated medically needed. insurance still denied it, i was given volteren gel-which is not worth a thing--this is the 3rd grievance with the insurance company, my dr has been dealing with them.he is about fed up,i would even pay half the cost,but this is why i have insurance -to help me not fight me, i did not ask to be like this. very upsetting situation, dealing with someone who controls what they are to give you.when you pay them....
This discussion has been closed.