Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

started therapy

blazerblazer Posts: 785
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:45 AM in Recovering from Surgery
hi ya'll, today was my 1st day of therapy. boy oh boy my back,butt area, and left leg are hurting.
therapist did her evaluation of me, and i got a nice massage, and icing down.

I told her i'll probably be coming here awhile so she's gonna set up my appt's a couple months in advance so i can get early appt. time set up.

One thing i am concerned about is last week when i seen my neuro, and today the therapist asked me a few times, "is there another line of work i can go to, or would my employer be willing to keep me on lite duty til i'm ready to retire. they both seemed concerned about me being able to go back to my job, as a local truckdriver, and it's not unusal for me to have to unload at delivery stops, and that usually involves heavy lifting, and moving heavy stuff around.
I just told her, we will have to wait and see how i improve from therapy, and then it might be something the lawyers need to work out, being this is a work comp. case.

Anyway when this therapy is over, it might get interesting with my employer and my options.

everyone have a nice day.

• what type of surgery did you have? I also drive a truck for a living and I am thinking about having a micro-d done. I'm worried that I will have to find a different job once i'm fixed up.
  • i had a 2 level tlif l4l5s1.
    mine was done 3/19/10

so i'm 4 months out, and my neuro told me we have to take it slow to give me every chance for a recovery.

so i quess just wait and see what happens.

have a good day.

also i have 2 rods and 6 screws, with cages
    i do know of people on both sides of the fence who had fusions and micro-d, if that helps you.
  • I wish you luck. But don't count on having your job.Workman comp will get you fired as soon as posible. 5 month after my fall company let me go after 15 years service. I am wishing you luck

• thank you and good luck to you also.

I have a couple things going for me.
    there are a couple of guys where i work had this surgery, and are back to work.
    i do have a lawyer.
    and i'm in teamsters union.28 years. so there are rules in place, and if they want me gone they are gonna have to pay.
    i think as long as i can do the job i'll be fine.

again good luck to you.