Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Crooked Back/Hip Pain

Aaren CobbAAaren Cobb Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:45 AM in Lower Back Pain
I'm male, 30 years old, 6'4", 230 lbs. I excersise 3-4 times a week (racquetball, tennis, and body weight training)

I was leaning over the tub when my hand slipped and I had nothing to catch my self on. I used my lower back muscles to stop my forward motion. I've since reinjured by carrying around a carseat and my young daughters.

When I first injured myself, I looked in the mirror and my left side was swollen and it looked like my left hip/back was crooked and held out. I couldn't straighten it. My back is holding itself crooked, I have a lot of pain in my lower back. My left hip feels like it needs to pop, and I have pain in my left hip joint.

It has been months since the initial injury and I am still having similar problems - When I sit for a few minutes I can't stand up straight (especially when I get out of the car after a drive).

I'm looking for any advice on what I may have done, and of course some physical therapy tips for stretching or doing anything that will help this heal.

Thanks in advance!

• Welcome to Spine-Health! You'll find a lot of information and friendly advice from members here.

I'm sorry to hear of your injury. Have you seen an ortho for evaluation of your back? If I were in your position I would want to have my back evaluated before attempting any PT or exercises on my own. Some exercises can make a person significantly worse so it's better to be informed before you start trying to help yourself like that. It sounds like something slipped in your back or hip when you braced to catch yourself. Maybe a few visits to a chiropractor would help, but I wouldn't do even that without a medical evaluation first. I had a chiropractic manipulation of my neck which made my pain several times worse. It turned out I had a herniation that wasn't going to be fixed by anything but surgery. I hope you find out what is wrong and that there is a simple fix for it. :)

2009 Foraminotomy C6-72010 PLIF L4-S1Multi RFA's, cervical inj, lumbar injLaminectomy L3-4 and fusion w/internal fixation T10-L4 July 17Fusion C2-C5 yet to be scheduled
  • Hi Linda, thanks for taking the time to respond, much appreciated! :)

Unfortunately, I have no health insurance right now. I may have coverage when I start school again (my college provides some health coverage) but I was hoping to start something before the middle of August.

Sounds like I'll have to be patient and take it easy.
This discussion has been closed.