Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

RF Ablation Thoracic T6-T7 Fusion

tonydttonyd Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:45 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
Its July 12, 2010 almost 2 years from my accident July 24, 2008. I have had a T6-T7 Thoracic Bone Fusion to resolve a herniated disk at that level. Since the surgery I have had horrible nerve pain on my left side at that site of the incision and ribs being spread to gain access to the trunk of my body for the thoracotomy part of my surgery.

I have just scheduled RF Ablation with my pain mgt doctor as the second step (steroid injection failed) to relieve me of this pain. If this doesn't work then hopefully the insurance company will approve a Spinal Cord Stimulator as the last option.

If anyone has had RF Ablation in this region let me know the outcome...hard to find anyone recovering from thoracic back surgery so I hope someone is out there.

• at different stages, unfortunately, it didn't help me. i have not had any surgeries. Have you had rf before at any level? If you have been thru thoracic surgery, it will be a breeze for you...i hope that you are able to get releif.

• I fractured my t5, T7, & t8 vertebrae one at a time.
    They couldn't do surgery on T-5 because of the location (too risky). I then fractured my T-7 and had a vertebroplasty done. About a month later I fractured the T-8 and had another vertebroplasty. The last being in March. I still have pain if I walk or stand too long, or do anything where I have to use my arms (like cooking or doing dishes). The pain is mostly in the rib area which the doctor says is from nerve pain. Has anyone had this problem & if so did you find a solution for the pain. I can't take the NSAID's and the narcotic pain medication only takes the edge off.
  • I don't have a t-spine injury, but I do have nerve pain from a fracture. I had rf ablation at and below the fracture a couple of months ago. It took quite a while to resolve, but I can say it has helped some. Of course it did not resolve completely.

It was fairly painful, and one side remained so for several weeks afterward. Nothing new to us, but be prepared meds-wise.