Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

RA diagnosis...explains alot,but kind of a bummer...

sagehenssagehen Posts: 221
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:45 AM in Arthritis, Osteoarthritis
Primary care doc says RA....sending me to rheumatologist...started on prednisone(allergic to NSAIDS),hope it helps.Appreciate any insight and info from you guys...have a lovely day....gonna be 97 here..love it!

• It definitely is a bummer when you find out you have RA, but there's also that slight sense of relief of finally knowing what the deal is! I was diagnosed about 2 yrs ago at 28 yrs old. Talk about suckage! But ya know life goes on and now that you know, you can work on finding what works for you and work to manage it. Best of luck!

Oh and it was only 93 here today...but we're starting our monsoon season and well that weather is not RA friendly!
  • Sorry to hear you were diagnosed with RA. But, there are great medicines out there now to slow down its progression. The Arthritis Foundation in your area will have a lot of information regarding RA.

Best wishes,

• Mornin to you both,Awalker and Marianne,
    I have been doing some reading and can see there are several things that can help with ra.Like you said,it is somewhat of a relief to have an explaination other than getting old! Let me know how you fare thru the monsoons,I lived in Phoenix for a year...they were amazing! take care....Sagehen
  • A very good friend of mine has RA and yes, she does have flare ups and tough times, but for the most part she leads an active and full life. She runs circles around me and I have OA. She was devastated when she was diagnosed, but that lasted a week or two and then she said "it's not taking my life away." Good luck. We are all on that journey to manage our lives and pain the best we can.
This discussion has been closed.