Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New Authority Member

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,877
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:45 AM in Spine-Health Announcements
I am happy to announce that we have just made Dave an Authority member and will be joining our team.

Dave has been on Spine-Health about the same time I have been or perhaps even longer. He completely understand the objectives of Spine-Health and has always provided detailed , honest and informative threads/posts.

He will be a great addition to this team. Please give him a welcome aboard!
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• Hi Dave,

Just wanted to welcome you to your new Authority position. All of the Authority/Moderator members do a great job for this site and its members, Welcome aboard,

• Thanks everyonne.

As Ron stated, I've been a member for a long time (joined about a month after Ron). I add a unique perspective in that I have spinal issues and am a spouse of someone with problems.

I hope I can continue to help others without stepping on to many toes.

• Welcome to the team. I think you will bring a lot to the team and Spine Health will definitely benefit from what you bring to the table.

• Welcome to the authority team. I know you'll bring a lot of new stuff to the table and I doubt you'll step on too many toes. It's good to have you aboard.

• Congratulations on your new position. :)

2009 Foraminotomy C6-72010 PLIF L4-S1Multi RFA's, cervical inj, lumbar injLaminectomy L3-4 and fusion w/internal fixation T10-L4 July 17Fusion C2-C5 yet to be scheduled
  • Congrats on the addition to the Admin team!! :)

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.

• Hi Dave, congratulations on joining the Authority team.
  • LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    Congratulations Dave

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • Hi Dave

I am new to the forum, but have been reading on this site for over a year now. It has the most wonderful, informative information provided by people I know I can trust...the ones who've been in my shoes.

And don't worry about stepping on any toes (well, mine anyway) it won't hurt near as much as my back :)

• If you are going to tread on my toes, make sure it is my right foot. Those toes are numb!!
  • Congrats Dave,
    I'm with Jelly, stick to the right foot would you? That one is already numb!
  • Jelly and Frog,

I'll use my left foot so no one feels anything.

• What is the difference between an Administrator, an authority member and a moderator member?
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,877
    The major difference is in the access authority and what can be done on the forums. About a year ago, the CEO, Stephanie and I talked about creating the authority group. The objective was since the site was growing so rapidly, it would be an advantage to have some key members put onto to the "Authority" team to help the Moderators and Administrators.

Our three tier system then is keyed on what each level can do in terms of access authority.

Administrator Can perform any function within the online drupal forum system. With proper access can make minor modifications to the forums. The one area I dabbled in, was creating the different 'views'. Administrators can edit any thread/post and make any change as appropriate.

ModeratorsThey can not alter any Drupal forum function. They do have the ability to edit and change all threads and posts. They also have the ability to Edit member profiles, change passwords, ban members.

AuthorityThey can edit posts made after the initial thread. They can not alter or change the original post. They can not edit member profiles or make any changes to member profiles.

The way this has worked for us so well, was that for whatever reason spammers and inappropriate signatures, solicitations, etc crop up. The Authority team is very quick to spot them. In some situations, they can edit the post to correct that, but at times, need to contact a Moderator or Admin to make the corrections.

All the above are 100% volunteers of Spine-Health.
    There are also other Administrators that have a spine-health.com email address. Those are the developers and other formal employees of Spine-Health who are responsible for page content, medical articles, web design and more.

I hope this addresses and answers your question. If there are more questions, please let me know and I will try to answer them as quickly as I can.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • I get it Ron Thanks.

We can pull our right leg out from under the table now.

Just funnin with you Dave!

• Congrats!!! Just wanted to say hello :-) (and kill some time while I am awaiting my flight, but I really am happy for you, lol)

• very well explained :-)
  • Congratulations!

You are another fine member who will be a wonderful addition to our Authority Team. :)

This is great news!

• Congratulations! Hoping to get to know you better.