Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New Member - Just wanted to say hello - recovering nicely

joelee100jjoelee100 Posts: 3
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:45 AM in New Member Introductions
Hello, My name is Joe and I am 15 days post surgery that I had for a disc that was impinging my cord at the c6-c7 level. I just wanted to share my story in the hopes that I may be able to help someone else.

This looks like a great community and I wanted to thank everyone and I look forward to interacting with everyone.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Welcome to Spine Health.
    It is great news that you are recovering well after your surgery. Do you have a date to return to work yet?

It is interesting to see a copy of your MRI scan.
    I have neck symptoms, which I have had for years, but haven't had an MRI on that area.

I have had a lumbar fusion almost 4 months ago. My surgeon said, that from my symptoms in the neck/shoulders/arms and hands, I had problems there, and that he would fix them next time! I am not keen to do that!

What were your symptoms before your surgery and how long did you have them?

Again, welcome to our friendly community and keep up the good healing. :D
  • Hi Joe, Welcome. It really is a great support this pain forum place. I met at least 4 other people that had almost the exact same operation as I did. So it is nice to see their progress as I monitor mine. Also, if you have a question, just put " it out there". Someone will always answer. All the best in healing. mel v. :D
  • Welcome to Spine-Health. I'm glad you found us and want to find a place to share your experience and interact with fellow spineys.

I had a 3-lvl ACDF, C4-7, in Oct. 08 and a TLIF at L4/5 this past January. I recently had another MRI and CT scan on my cervical spine and the levels above my fusion are now having problems, facet joint problems and I may be facing cervical injections in the near future.

I'm very happy to hear that you're recovering well and moving along with your recovery.

Take care fellow neckie,
  • Thanks for the warm welcome :D Just a little more background...My symptoms started on March 19th when I woke up with a terrible pain in my neck...It hurt terrible when i raised my head or turned to the right..I slept funny that night and awoke in an awkward position.

After a week or so I went to the Dr, they took xrays and diagnosed me with a muscle spasm. Prescribed me muscle relaxers and anti-inflammatory.

The pain only got worse and worse...as it started radiating through my shoulder and down my right arm. I had tingling all the way down my arm and in my fingers.

It wasn't until sometime late in June that my DR. sent me for a CT scan that showed the problem...then an MRI and a visit to the Neurosurgeon.

When I told the surgeon that I had been working full time for the last three months he said that I must of had an extremely hi pain tolerance and that I was very lucky because even a minor accident could have paralyzed me.

Straight to the hospital...surgery two days later, out of the hospital the next day and back to work in 13 days (I begged him...I felt fine and the idleness was driving me nuts).

I wear a cervical stimulator 4 hrs a day. 42 yoa male. non smoker.

other than the usual aches and pains, basically I am pain free. I feel lucky...Please if you have these symptoms insist on an MRI...don't put it off.

I'll keep you updated and please let me know if I can help anyone... :-C

• Thank You for the warm welcome Cath, I really appreciate it. Please know you are in my prayers and I wish you a speedy recovery.

Best of luck. Joe :H
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. good luck on a successful recovery! please stop by anytime.. visiting can often make your recovery go by a bit quicker.. be sure and follow the doctor's orders.. Jenny :)