Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New, but NOT new?? Anyway Hi

TWHladyinLVTTWHladyinLV Posts: 47
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:45 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi Everyone!

I listed as a new member, but I was a member before I had my neck fusion surgery in 07. I could not remember my password or sign on, so here I am.
I've just had my 3rd WC injury and now they won't even allow me to work with restrictions because I had restrictions for 90 days at the first of the year. After my neck injury- another person dropped a 20 lb case of fluids on me, I feel I am slowly deteriorating. Although I don't do a lot of lifting at work, it seems that everytime now that I have to fill in and over do it I wind up injured. Usually I'm in bed for three days just to be able to return the next week. This time I badly damaged something. As listed my last surgery was a micro L 3-4 & L 4-5. The very sharp pain now is an inch or two above my scar. The pain radiates left. My left cheek, hip and thigh are numb but I have searing pain following a line through the point of the hip and down the thigh. It's like a searing hot track if you press into the numb skin.
If I walk even a short distance - like grocery shopping the pain gets crippling and I get very SOB.
All the issues I had from my L surgery seemed to be mainly on the right and I am still taking 300mg Lyrica and up to 400mg of Toradol per day. Am I pretty right in guessing this damage is in the T levels or is it still L based on symptoms? Since it is WC I know they will try to denigh the claim if it is the same part of my back. Or I may then have to try an re-open my old case which fortunately closed over a year ago.
I'm actually relieved to be off work for awhile as I haven't slept well for over a year and was actually thinking bad thoughts. Only getting 1-2 hours of sleep or no sleep was making me in a bad way. I tried for a year to communicate my issues to my PCP and he just would not give me anything for pain for night other than the tramadol and lyrica and restoril. I had just had a sleep study before I hurt the back again. Well im rambling
thanks for letting me vent!

• hi and welcome back to the forum! :H we are still here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. so glad you stopped by again! sorry it is for pain problems.. are you planning on having an MRI in order to diagnosis your pain? what are your plans for that? please make yourself at home, you know your way around i am sure! good luck at getting a diagnosis, that is the first step to recovery.. Jenny :)