Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Facet rhizotomy

theresacpttheresacp Posts: 18
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:45 AM in Lower Back Pain
Hi there it's been awhile they are going to do a facet rhizotomy on mr this Monday the 19 is this anymore paineful than the injections you can't ask them they only give them to you so I was wondering if anyone out there and how painful is it thanks for the info at least I will know what to exspect

• Hi Theresa, I don't know anything about rhizotomy but there is info on the site about it. I would image that if it is painful they would give you pain meds.

Please let me know how it goes. I'm really interested because they say I may have severe arthritis in my facet joint at c7 and I wonder if this might be a solution.

Good Luck tomorrow.
  • I will hope it's not more painful than the facet joint injections becauce I was brides pretty good and swollen Theresa
  • I) Hi home well it wasn't horrible it took about 1hr 3needles wrer put in my lower backhad to be awake so I could tell what I could feel she said she was
    in the right spots but when she sent the pulse. I could feel it in the opposite side not the side they were doing she said they had never had one before so in my right leg it felt like something was making my nerve jump around don't know but don't think they did that one becauce it was in my leh but the other 2were cut and coterized they said I would feel it get hot didn't feel anything very sore and tierd let you know if it works on a scale 1 to 10 for pain I would give it a5 and that's not a horrible rating I will go back and have the other side done if this helps good luck to you hope u have a good dr as I do she is very gentle and cares if your in pain. Theresa ps will let you know in a week if any inprovment
This discussion has been closed.