Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Is anyone else experiencing this?

WramblerWWrambler Posts: 1,588
As time goes on with the SCS and various meds my pain seems to spread out?
Is that even possible, well that's a stupid question as it seems to be possible as it is happening.

I take
Lamictal 75mg AM
Pamelor/Nortryptaline 40mg at bedtime
Ambien 10mg
Valium 5mg X4 a day
Flexeril X4 a day

I find that if I do most anything I feel pain all over.
It can range from cold, sweats, hot, burning, itching etc;
I don't seem to be able to get just a sore muscle or sense of working towards feeling better, you know that tired sore feeling but knowing it is making you better. I get pain.

When I ask my shrink about these kinds of things he says, "we can't make you better so you can work harder and negate the treatment. we are only trying to make you comfortable the way you are." He says, "if we get you feeling better and you do more, then we lose the gain we had making you feel better". arg

I am somewhat frustrated with the whole mess.
I can do nothing for a while, then I just need to do something, anything. That's when the problems creep back in.

This might be better placed in mental health?

I wonder if it is one of the meds? but can't pin it down to a certain time of day for the sweats and such, it just comes on when I work at anything the least bit strenuous.
I wonder could it be fibromyalgea? would there even be anything they would do different if it was? Chronic fatigue? Again same question, is there any difference in treatments?

I sometimes feel like there just isn't much point in anything I do anymore. To feel physically ok and not hurt all over I have to be a lazy do nothing guy. To do anything that feels worthwhile I end up in pain, that I don't have a means to control.

That's the other things that concerns me. When I push myself into this pain all over, the SCS is more like sticking a finger in a light socket! It hurts and irritates me! Lazy no work me can use the SCS. I have also had days where any contact felt like being stabbed! Shadow put his mouth on my foot one day, he is a puppy, did not bite down, but wow did it hurt, any touch at all hurt. That was the day after I spent 12 hours driving back from the beach.

I probably need to ask a doctor, but
A. I don't want to, fear of more tests etc;
B. I am afraid that my marriage won't hold up to more whining on my part, I have said nothing about this to my wife.
C. is there really anything that can be done differently?

I'm not suicidal, that's not an answer to anything.
I'm so far just plowing ahead regardless, but, fear that I am close to a "Nope can't do this anymore moment"...

• I don't have an SCS but I get cold sweats all the time. I'm thinking due to my age and hormones but I have to get more blood work done so hoping that may help with some answers. I also take flexeril so don't know if that may cause any sweating?

Maybe contact your PM Dr. and rep about your SCS? Hopefully you're feeling better and no wonder you're sensitive in your foot when Shadow nibbled on your foot after travelling 12 hours.

My next step is to see a Rheumatoid Dr. to see if they could help especially best for diagnosing Fibro or other related especially because I have DDD and other arthritis issues so it may take more tests. I hope you're feeling better soon Wrambler. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Thanks, I will probably start talking to my shrink about this next time I am in. My PM does none of my meds, he is a Jack A.. I kind of got stuck with him.

Sometimes, most times I just wish all this would go away for a while!

As I'm sure you do too.
  • Not sure what you're describing completely but correct me if I'm wrong. Let say you decide to do something that exerts extra effort. This causes you to sweat more than would be considered normal? Plug any of the other symptoms in for the sweating. My suggestion would be, grab the prescription pull outs for each of your scripts or get online and search for side effects. My initial response is your experiencing some kind of reaction to one of your drugs.

I get what I call Hot Flashes from one of my scripts, don't know which one. Don't laugh ladies, this makes me a very understanding husband being my Hot Flashes are worse than my wifes. One of these days we're going to set the house on fire.

• Mark...The sweats and all over pain caught my eye. I use to have the same problem. I thought I may have fibro but a very expensive blood test(about $1,000.00) showed I was low on B12. I now get B12 injections every month. The sweats have stopped along with other problems.
    I don't know if this would help you but I thought I would pass this information along.
    Good luck
    Patsy W