Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

One year check

pfdppfd Posts: 247
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:45 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery

Hi All,

Just had my one year check and doc is quite pleased - hardware in place w/ no shifting, bone growth good & it looks like I've fused. <:P YAHOO!!

He wants to follow me for another year or two before formally releasing me from his care. Assuming no issues/problems, I'm to call him in about 11 months time to schedule my next appointment. I can begin to slowly increase my weight limits and activities 'as tolerated'.

I wanted to share the news w/ my spiney friends, and to sincerely thank all of you for all the support over these months. It really helped over the long months of waiting to see if the surgery did what it was supposed to, I finally feel like I can start to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

• Congrats! You have a wonderful rest of the summer. What excellent news to go forward with.....hope I'm there next May. All the best. mel v. <:P
  • Pfd,

Excellent news for ya! Now you can start to 'breath' and enjoy life! So happy for ya!! Congrats! *HUG*

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Hi P

That's fantastic and I'm so happy you let us know how you're going and that you've fused. Isn't it so good to be able to do a bit more now.

Your surgeon sounds very caring in following you up for a two year period.

Keep enjoying life.

XLIF L2-4 20.8.15
    ALIF L4/5 2009
    Laminectomy/discectomy L4/5 2008
  • Great to hear you've fused and doing well in your recovery. Good to hear your Dr. wants to follow through with you. It seems a shame when Surgeons don't continue with their patients longer. Always great to hear a success story like yours. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN

• What fantastic news! <:P
    You can get back to your 'normal' life now.
    Thanks for letting us know the good news; it is so encouraging for us still on Recovery Road and also for people who are contemplating surgery.

Wishing you a very full and happy life!

Do keep popping in for a chat. :D
  • That's the magic word, isn't it!! I am so pleased for you!

P x
  • Gosh, I can't believe it's a year already.
    And how wonderful that he's not ready to let you go just yet...seriously, by knowin that you are still under his care...you will be sure an continue to be careful. Enjoy your summer. Glad things are going good.

• Thank you everyone for your kind wishes and thoughts. I apologize for the delay in replying, but, I've not been on line since last posting. I will stay in touch and hope we all enjoy the rest of the Summer and continue to heal well.

• Congrat's!! Wonderful news! And that is great that he will keep monitoring you for so long!

Thank you for taking the time to post! It gives us hope as this journey is so very long!

Wishing you the very best! Take care and have fun!