Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Come Monday

tamtamttamtam Posts: 2,749
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:45 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Well tomorrow is the big day for yet another surgery. But I have it in my mind this is the surgery to end all surgery for me. While I am hopeful optimistic I also know the reality of surgery and the surgeons expectations for me. Anyway they will be doing a 360 fusion on my cervical spine. The anterior approach is to get a plate I have a issue with that the screws are stripped out on, so it needs to be cut out(long story how that happened). The fusing from the posterior side with my bone. We will be adding the fourth level into my existing fusion.

I know recovery will be a long process and don't expect to get a finally verdict till this time next year as to what I am left with. But the recovery that he speaks of as for as a surgical stand point is about 3 months. Sense this it the 6th surgery, it will be a slow go on that side.

Everything is done at home so just waiting my return to sit back and enjoy how clean it is and me to mess it all up. We have food for a month for the most part except fresh(we I take care of my dad whom is 90), and the dog has the same amount of food. Waiting for the sheets to come out of the dryer and everything will be put back together and all done. Last thing make a play list and pack up my lap top and all is good.

Anyway so if anyone is leaving me messages for about the next 3 days I maybe a slow to respond or not at all. If it is urgent please contact Ron.

Hope everyone has a good week and chat with you all soon.

• Tamtam,

Good luck tomorrow with your surgery. Positive energy heading your way for an excellent outcome! Let us know when you're on the other side!!! *HUGZ*

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    Hi Tamtam. I hope that your surgery goes well and that you're soon on the way to recovery. It sounds like you have the before surgery routine down pat and have everything ready. After five previous surgeries you're kind of a pro!
    I'll be thinking of you tomorrow and wishing you well. Hope to hear soon that you're doing great.
    Good luck.
  • Tamtam wishing you all the best. It's easy to see you have the routine down. Let's hope this time it does the trick.
  • SpineAZSpineAZ WiscPosts: 1,084
    Sending healing wishes your way and I'll be watching your recovery carefully as I may be headed for something similar.
    2 ACDFs, 2 PCDF, 3 LIFs; Rt TKR; Rt thumb fusion ; Lt thumb arthroplasty; Ehlers Danlos 
  • For your surgery and recovery. Prayers for your healing and positive vibes. TC. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Will be thinking good thoughts and healing thoughts.

• I'll be praying you have a speedy recovery and that everything goes well. It sounds like you have things all lined up (Good Job), it makes it a lot easier to concentrate on the recovery. Take care!

• Hope that you are sleeping well and that tomorrow things will go smoothly during the surgery.

We'll be here waiting to hear how you are, once you can post again. :-)

I hope this time, your neck will be sorted!
  • I so hope this will be your last surgery and sending you >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D<

Hoping your surgery and recovery goes well.

XLIF L2-4 20.8.15
    ALIF L4/5 2009
    Laminectomy/discectomy L4/5 2008
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,846
    Wishing you nothing but the best.
    Speedy recovery
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,846
    Wishing you nothing but the best.
    Speedy recovery
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Prayers and best wishes. Remember that God is with you and your family.---Mazy
  • My prayers are with you for a great surgery outcome & fast recovery.

God Bless,
  • Get well soon. Hope your recovery is relativley painless and quick!

P x
  • Best of luck to you. Wishing you a speedy recovery!
  • Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers today and in the days to come! Praying that this is your last surgery and you are on the road to recovery!

I will keep your medical team in my thoughts and prayers that you are compassionate and able to manage your pain!

Sounds like you have your home ready for you!

Wishing you the very best! Take care and enjoy your play list~happy listening/healing!
  • Thumbs up to you and my hope/prayers that everything goes according to plans.
  • jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
    My thoughts are with you and many prayers for a speedy recovery
  • Hey Tamtam,

Based on what you wrote yesterday, I figure you are out of surgery, and hopefully feeling good. Positive thoughts. Just thinking of ya! *HUG*

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Just a note to let you know I'm praying for you to have good outcome from this surgery. Hope they are keeping you comfortable in the hospital. :)

2009 Foraminotomy C6-72010 PLIF L4-S1Multi RFA's, cervical inj, lumbar injLaminectomy L3-4 and fusion w/internal fixation T10-L4 July 17Fusion C2-C5 yet to be scheduled
  • Surgery is over, ket the recovery begin. Thank yoiu all so much. Take care

• and hope that you are comfortable.
    Now it is over to you for the healing. :-)
    Hope you have an uncomplicated road to recovery.

Take care
  • Good to see you update here so soon after surgery. I hope this is the one that gets you back on track tam. You have always been so understanding and supportive even with all that you have been going through, now its your time to get some relief. Keep us up to date and hope to catch up with you soon.......Mitch

• Good to hear that your surgery went well. I hope your recovery at home is a smooth one. Have you got help coming in for your dad, as well as for you? Sending~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>speedy get well wishes....

• hiya tam
    hope your reading this in few days..
    I been saying prayers and sending good vibes your way ..
    Keep thinking positive, stay ahead of the pain..and well you know what all the post-op things...
    You got alot of ppl here thinking of you..and when your able we shall see you in chat..and we will keep your spirits up...and give you some laughs as well as support...
    as you seen alreay i'm just number 25 and theres alot more ppl supporting you thru this recovery..
    take care
    get sleep
    and chat soon as you can

neck,bone spurs pain started 04, back issues and fusion l4,l5 06~hardware removed.
    good few yrs. 09 pain sharp, numbness feet,legs, diagnosed fibro, neurop. legs.lung issues.
    daily goal do good thing for someone.
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    Thinking of you and hoping that today is a good day for you. Hope you're not in a lot of pain.

• best wishes to you and hoping for a speedy recovery.
  • Glad to hear you are on the other side. Best wishes for a successful recovery.

I'll be interested in your progress as I am afraid a multi (3?) level cervical fusion is in my future.

Keep us posted when you are feeling up to it. Take care,

• So happy you're now in recovery and that it goes well for you.

Looking forward to hearing how you're going when you're able to post again.

XLIF L2-4 20.8.15
    ALIF L4/5 2009
    Laminectomy/discectomy L4/5 2008
  • Recovery has not been without it's up and downs, but actually I find that rather normal. The biggest issues was my breathing from the swelling following sugery, but with some steriods some of that is coming down now. But after all of my other surgeries I have had to take care of myself with no help from anyone, so i truly feel blessed that a very old dear friend came in from out state to assist me. If nothing else she has kept me laughing and eating healthy foods on a regular basis. So having someone here was so comforting and the additional help taking care of my dad took a lot of pressure off of me. She will be leaving tomorrow but I think we will be okay now, as I am getting around enough to do the basics. But if anything just having some support I think changed a lot as far as recovery has gone so far.

For the most part most of the meds during the surgery are beginning to wear off so I think the next few days will be kind of critical. She said her only concern is that I am not resting to much as far as sleeping goes. But that is typical for me always following a surgery that I never sleep. I have been able to keep up with the walking program I am supposed to follow so far but each day has that increasing. But my surgeon is in direct contact with me, as he said he would be for the first two weeks.

But over all I feel truly blessed to have such great friends here on spine-health whom care so much and all the messages of support I have received and my friend driving 900 miles to help me out. Then the surgeon whom made it effortless for me to get anything i needed addressed done. Tomorrow he will be checking on me to make some adjustments in my meds to get me a little more rest if it didn't change tonight, which it didn't really and to address my bowels if they didn't change as far as hearing activity in them via the stethscope. So over all I am very happy so far with my progress, just a few tweeks to make it a bit easier, maybe needed. But once again thank you all for your kind words and just being here.