Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Round 14---Facet Joint Injections and Nerve Burnings

DegenerativeShellyDDegenerativeShelly Posts: 279
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:45 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
:''( Ive so far had 13 procedures where they inject steroids into your facet and SI joints and then they have burn the nerve endings..I found this to be of great relief to my hips and lumbar spine but no relief from thoraic pain. I start the next round of procedures tomorow where they are going to reinject and reburn all the nerves and facet joints again to give me more relief as the first lot lasted around 6 months.
Personally I dont mind going into hospital every 2 weeks to have it done as the overall drop in pain level is enough to make me keep going..
Always remember its your body and you are the one to make the ultimate decision.
Take care
advertisement

Comments

• Wow!
    I'm so glad you've found something that offers you some measure of relief, but what a lot to go through to get it *hugs* Take care, hope you come back to your home feeling much better.
  • I hope you get 6 month relief at least from this set of injections again. I know the limit used to be 3 ESI's a year but as you know I'm getting 6 this year myself. It's like this seems like the last resort. I hope this time it works. Prayers you're feeling better. Keep us updated. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN

• and hoping that you will get relief for a nice long time.
    Hope all goes well tomorrow.
    Let us know how you are, when you can :-)
  • Thank you all for your kind thoughts and words...Just got home as I have to stay overnight in Hospital..The Dr was happy with this procedure and in I go again in another 2 weeks and then another 2 after that..At least my date for the Trial Stimulator is booked for mid November for my Thoraic Region
    Have to go laydown now as the pain is bad :''( ..Just wanted to let you know I was ok..
    Take care to all

• I hope, that like me, once you lay down your pain is much less.
    I'll be thinking of you and praying that the pain subsides quickly and then you start to get the benefit of the injections.

I so hope that this works for you. :-) >:D<
  • I'm sorry you're having so much pain now Shelly. Best wishes for your SCS trial in November and hope these injections help relieve your pain. I also take it easy for 3 days after the injections and ice frequently. I believe my treatment now is part of a trial as I'm getting 6 injections this year and signed the consent form saying the results will be used for epidural results on receiving 6 ESI's in one year.

Have you received thoracic injections or just lumbar and cervical? Take care and pray you're doing better soon. I hope you're reviewing your medications for pain control with your PM Dr. also. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Thanks so very much all for your kind words and thoughts..
    Feeling a bit less pain now but it still is so hard to sit for more than 5 minutes..

Charry, Ive had the lumbar done already and now the Dr is redoing my Thoraic area and my Facet and SI joints along my spine and hips..He is doing it without Cortisone so thats why its so painful..

Take care and will update again soon.
  • sounds very painfull so you go in every 2 wks for this ??for how long??
    hey if it helps keep pain at bay then thats good...
    I hope it helps ya
    tc mary
    neck,bone spurs pain started 04, back issues and fusion l4,l5 06~hardware removed.
    good few yrs. 09 pain sharp, numbness feet,legs, diagnosed fibro, neurop. legs.lung issues.
    daily goal do good thing for someone.
  • Hi Watergirl..I have 4 sessions booked this time as I have my Stimulator trial booked for November as they :| are going to try it in my thoracic regions but last year they were fortnightly and started in August and ended in March just before my last fusion
advertisement