Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Recurring Back /Neck Pain

sunshine59_99ssunshine59_99 Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:45 AM in Chronic Pain
I had my spinal fusion (L3-L4, L4-L5, L5-S1) done in Jan 04 and was doing pretty good until Jan 09, I started having lower back pains again and went to see the doctors. X-rays show nothing is wrong with the fusion so was given medication to deal with the pain. In May of 2010 I fell down some stairs and landed on my back, now the pain is getting really bad and still cannot find anything wrong. Was given a stronger medication for the pain as it is not only my back, but knees, ankles, and recently found out have a bone spur at C5-C6. Doctors don't seem to understand that some of us would rather enjoy life than be on medication 24/7 for pain.

I see doctors through the VA for most of my care and to be honest sometimes I wonder just where they got their training.

Life has to get better I don't think it could get much worse for me.

Thanks for letting me ramble,
advertisement

Comments

• Well, if they can't find a source, there isn't always much they can do. What type of doctors have you been seeing?

Be careful about saying life can't get worse. As I've found, things can always be worse. You'll find many on this board if you stick around long enough that have it worse than you do, as well.

But earlier this year I had health crisis after health crisis and thought things couldn't be worse. What happened? I broke my foot walking down the stairs. Never tempt fate.
  • Your problem is so critic. If doctor's can't understand your problem than how can they give you the medicine for your stuff. I think you should get proper treatment from an expert orthopaedic doctor who will help you to know out the exact problem.
  • stands for Veterans Adminstration,
This discussion has been closed.