Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

A MIRACLE

AnnAAnn Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:46 AM in Good News
I just want everyone out there to know there is HOPE. I was at my absolute end. If it wasn't for my husband and two kids I wouldn't be here anymore. The only thing keeping me in this world was knowing that I would only be transferring my pain to my them.

For the last 5 years I have been dealing with escalating back and neck pain. I was a shell of myself spending most of my time curled up in a ball on the couch. I was loosing feeling in my hands and most of the time my right hand was asleep. I planned my pain medications around functionning at work and when we wanted to do something as a family. Even with that most special events ended in my crying because the pain was excruciating and I was so frustrated that I was missing out on their lives. I think most of you can relate.

Then came the miracle. My boss of 15 years laid me off with full pay. He said he couldn't watch me suffer and he had talked to my husband about what all of this was doing to our life and the kids. I was working so hard to keep up at work that it was taking away from them. He wanted me to focus exclusively on finding an answer to my pain and I did.

After a month of revisiting with every "oligist" out their, sseveral visits with my pain doctor, all of whom told me I was depressed handed me some pills and refilled my pain medications. I had miofacial pain syndrome, DDD, a cervical spine disc that was buldging.

As a last attempt I traveled an hour and a half to visit a physical therapist someone had recommended to me. In the first visit she told me I didn't have miofacial pain sysdrome, I did have DDD but so do some 3 year olds and that the reason for my buldging disc was related to my Esophagus among other things. I left my first hour long visit feeling 70% better. She doesn't really listen to the doctor's diagnosis because I'd been in pain for 4 years and they hadn't fixed anything. She treated what she saw. She doesn't believe that unless you have cancer or chrone's disease or something on that level that anyone should live in pain. I had never found anyone who cared and wanted to make me heal. It was nothing short of a miracle for me.

It's been a month now and I can control my pain myself and make it go away without drugs. I won't say its been easy. I've had to work hard and stick to my exercises but I'm back in of my own life again and I have hope that it can have a pain free life. This physical therapist is nothing short of amazing. Im not sure if Im allowed to post her information but I thought there was no hope and one month later I am a new person.
advertisement

Comments

• Hi Ann,

Welcome to Spine-Health. What a wonderful story. May you continue to do well and regain your life. Thanks for sharing with us.
    Linda

2009 Foraminotomy C6-72010 PLIF L4-S1Multi RFA's, cervical inj, lumbar injLaminectomy L3-4 and fusion w/internal fixation T10-L4 July 17Fusion C2-C5 yet to be scheduled
  • That does sound like a miracle! Are you still taking some pain meds? Or are you 100% off of them now???
  • I'm so happy that you found this physical therapist and are able to get relief for your pain. It makes such a difference when someone takes our pain seriously and is able to help.

Hope you continue to be that "new person".

Trish

XLIF L2-4 20.8.15
    ALIF L4/5 2009
    Laminectomy/discectomy L4/5 2008
  • That is fantastic.

I have not had great experiences with P.T., until this surgery, I always thought, yeah, why, I always feel worse?

My Physical Therapist was amazing too. There are some really talented P.T.'s that do really take this seriously.

I was thrilled to read your story and success Ann.

For the rest of us, I think the best message is when we don't get the desired treatment, we have just read that it is possible and we need to change the P.T. just like we will change doctors.
  • Ann,

Thanks for sharing about your path and the wonderful recovery you are experiencing with a compassionate PT and healing hands.

I have had much bodywork and healing massage therapies that have shifted chronic conditions for me taking me much into good stabilization and out of the phase of having to consider interventional surgery.

I can appreciate the joy you are experiencing. There is much to be understood how much having body/work, on-hands therapy that can transform our intense neuromuscular pain and inflammation in ways pain meds and injections have brought little to no relief.

I wish that work was more available, offered, and fully covered by insurance and understood how important it is to be a primary non-interventional mode of medical treatment and healing!

Thanks for sharing your healing and positive outcome and may you continue to enjoy the benefits of this recovery for some time!

Janelle
  • I am so happy for you, thanks for sharing your journey
advertisement