Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hi Im new on here

wjmcburniewwjmcburnie Posts: 25
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:46 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi, Im Wendie 41 years old
I had a 2 level spinal fusion L4-L5 & L5-S1,
spinal decompression and lumbar discectomy on 1 March 2010 in Lincoln, UK

Not really sure what to do on here, although I have been on this site a few times and read info that has helped no end.
Thought it was about time I joined

• We all try to support each other by sharing our experiences related to your surgery, etc. So if you have questions or just need someone to talk to, we are here for you. Occasionally, some of us are also in the chat room where you can ask questions, vent or just to have a few laughs.

Best to you,

• I just posted a welcome and answer to you on another thread. :-)

Now I see that you are in the UK also. I am in Sussex.

You will find this a friendly place to come for support and information.
    Keep posting and asking questions and you'll start to get to know people. :H
  • i too live in the UK {whitefield } near manchester
    i have had 2 operation on my lower back and now require a multilevel fusion .i am in pain 24/7 and going through a rough time with it and have been since the last operation 4 years ago .its nice to meet people from the UK as this site is mainly USA /Canada etc don't get me wrong they are lovely kind people and i have been a member here and on the old spine health site for over 4 years now .i am on skype and facebook should you want to talk or you can just contact me on here if you wish .i am married 44 and male .just looking for friends nothing else .hope we can help you .a female friend of mine also on her and in the UK has just has a multi level fusion you may want to drop her a line .she is sued on her {sue}
    STRAKER {real name tony}
  • so glad you found spine-health
    alot of great ppl who have been thru and going thru alot of diff spine issues..
    It was helpful when i joined a yr ago to type subjects in search (top of page)
    Also i often can't sleep and have very bad days
    as mari said venting an chatting with others is great
    I have made many friends....
    so stop in chat just click on it...sometimes its empty but keep trying diff times...since we are from all over the world

neck,bone spurs pain started 04, back issues and fusion l4,l5 06~hardware removed.
    good few yrs. 09 pain sharp, numbness feet,legs, diagnosed fibro, neurop. legs.lung issues.
    daily goal do good thing for someone.
  • Just wanted to stop by and say hello Wendie! As everyone else has said, you've found a great place for support and sometimes just to talk.

Best of luck on your spine journey! :)
  • Thanks for all the lovely welcomes
    It is so nice to hear everyone elses stories and to know that you arent alone
    After my surgery, I really felt 'dumped' in the outside world to just get on with it.
    I had no idea what I should or shouldnt be doing and this site has helped already

• You definately are not alone Wendie, you have lots of friends who truly understand what you are going through.

We can support each other as we travel along the road to a better life. :-) It is so helpful to have people who 'know' to talk to along the way. :H
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. good luck on a complete and successful recovery. i have several friends in your part of the world, Wales and Northern Ireland.. glad you stopped in!! be sure and visit anytime you are feeling down.. there is always someone to talk with!! good luck! Jenny :)