Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Physical Therapy for Neck (and lumbar)

cyndijccyndij Posts: 15
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:46 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I have posted on new member and scoliosis forum too...I am just trying to get some input. :??
Well, I went to my appointment with the Spine Surgeon and he wants me to start physical therapy 3 times a week for 6 weeks for cervical spine and lumbar spine, and he wants me to see one of their neurologist for my migraines. I have to go back and see the spine surgeon in 8 weeks, and when I do he will do full length spine xrays because the ones I had done were not the full length of my spine. He also informed me that beings I have no hardware in my back (such as a rod) that my curvatures could actually progress...even though I have fusions on my thoracic spine. I was never told this at all, ever! WOW! The things they don't tell you. So, I don't know if he is thinking I should get a new rod put in. I will question him further when I return in 8 weeks. In the meantime, I am waiting to hear from the physical therapy place to set up times for me to go. It makes me wonder and worry :< if I will be able to become an R.N. What if they don't want me lifting? I am scared and worried. I have been working hard in college, and just passed the second English with an A, Anatomy and Physiology lab with an A, and lecture with a B. Maybe I can go to school for my Bachelor in Health Sciences for Supervision and Management instead. That way it may be more of an office job. Anyone have any suggestions?
Scoliosis for 30 years; Thoracic curve measures 50, Lumbar curve measures 38; DDD L1/L2, L2/L3

• Phisical therapy is good but you need make additional treat like xxxx (yyy!) plus try use abc x times a day/it directly reduce size of xxxx/

Post Edited, member's providing medical advice is not permitted on Spine-Health

Ron DiLauro, Spine-Health Administrator 08/16/10
  • Hi Cindi,

If nursing is your dream job don't give up on it. There are other positions in nursing that don't require direct patient contact. Also there are positions like nurse case managers who work with the insurance companies and what not. Also if you continue you on you could become a teacher for other nurses.

As far as your back goes and the scoloisis before you let anyone put any rods in you get more than one opinion. What is your curve at now? When did they get the original measurement and how much has it changed sense then. Many people have bulges and what not in the spine and I am firm believer that all conservative treatments should be exhausted before trying surgery, unless paralysis is a issue. Is the scoli something you have had as a child or is something onset as a adult?

Also before trying any treatments on here that someone suggest before to check with your surgeon.