Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

need help

philtheopphiltheo Posts: 4
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:46 AM in Lower Back Pain
I have herniated disks in my lower back for 7 years now and am willing to try anything. Yoga helps a little but it cramps up when I'm sitting at my desk for 8 hours. I heard in Europe there is a back brace that helps with back pain that supposedly a couple of million people are using. It's called Kosmodisk. Has anyone used this product that can give me advice? They now sell it in America. I found it browsing on Amazon.

• I looked this 'brace' up, and if you go on their site, they list a lot of issues to which this would be of help. With more serious issues to contact your doctor for more direct care. I would love to find something to take the pain out, but I doubt many on this site would find much help with it. The price is a bit on the high side too. After reading testimonials and such, I don't see it being of help with my issues.

I am suspect this is spam, but giving the benefit of the doubt as I might be wrong. :)

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Since someone was spamming this product here just a couple of days ago I agree that this is probably spam.

If you have herniated disks, please see a board certified orthopedic surgeon or neurosurgeon. Testemonials are not research.
  • Howdy HB,

I guess I missed that posting. Thanks, appreciate! :)

• At the moment there's nothing in this individual's post that warrants being edited for SPAM.

Could it be SPAM? Sure

Is there proof of it? No

Benefit of the doubt today. We shall see what happens next.

PS Thanks for keeping your eyes and ears open for the possibility of SPAM.
  • Thanks for the feed back Brenda. I appreciate it. It wasn't spam. I'm just hoping to see if someone actually used Kosmodisk first hand that can give me an actual "I've tried it" opinion and here is what I found. If nobody gets back to me in a week or so that actually tried it I think I will. And if I do I'll let you know what kind of results I got.

Thanks again,

• Howdy Phil!!!

Aaah, my benefit of the doubt was good, and I was wrong that it was spam. :)

Yes, please let us know if you find relief or even a positive change with it. It seems too pricey to me to just try. I hope it can help you. What levels are affected with you? Me L2/3/4 - nerve roots 2 & 3.

Take care, and let us know how it goes!! *hug*

• I never had it officially diagnosed. I just assumed it was hurniated. I'll let you know and thanks again.

• Phil,

Careful of that word assumed... you know what else it stands for! lol!! It seems to me, most devices such as this one, they *might* help with pain due to muscle strain (aka 'the' sore back). I just don't see how in any way it can help with the nerve pain associated with disk or bone (spurs, stenosis) issues as mechanically it can't relieve such issues.

There are people I've run into that 'think' they have herniated their neck/back because it hurts like the dickens, only to find they were only out of alignment due to poor posture habits. Constantly stressing out their muscles through improperly done daily activities etc. and hurt

You might want to see a Neurologist or Orthopedist to be sure - spend that money on a co-pay for a real diagnosis verses buying this thing and finding it of no help. Just my thoughts there. Plus, if it is a herniated level, continuing to put off a true exam could cause damage that you can't "take back." Please keep us posted. Take care Phil. :)

• I agree with Brenda...it might be smart to get an actual diagnosis before you try treatments. Doctors have told me over the years to be careful with back braces because if worn too much when not needed you can actually cause your muscles to be dependent on it and weaken. Of course braces worn to help support while working or heavy lifting can be good extra support. You might benefit from PT or some other conservative treatments.
  • Thanks a lot Brenda. That is some great advice. I got the massager in the mail a week ago and have been using it while at the computer and doing stuff around the house. I didn't feel to much of a difference just walking around but a big difference sitting at the computer. It seems like whenever I do things like bend it puts pressure on the muscles and there is some relief. I guess that's why sitting at the computer feels better.

Just want to give you some feedback.

Thank you so much for the help,
    Phil :)
  • Howdy Phil,

Glad to hear you are getting some relief with it. As I mentioned, for myself, from what I read on their site, isn't worth the $$. :) Of course I would still see about getting with a doctor who knows spines best and see what truly is going on. I hope it continues to help - less pain is *always* a good thing in my book!! Whaahooo!! :)

• don't do yoga go and see your doctor and arrange for a MRI scan done on your spine.whilst you are waiting for that you could try a TENS machine .ice or heat packs .and gentle swimming ..if pain is preventing you from carrying out you daily duties then you need to see a doctor .but if you can work and get trough life and do yoga .in my opinion there does not sound like there is much wrong with your back and maybe some over the counter medication and rest will help ..please makes sure with the pharmacist that you are getting drugs that you are ok with .if you have any leg or foot pain {and you will know about it if you have !}then you really do need medical attention.there are many people on this site ..good kind people and we are in a tremendous amount of pain and we will help and support any genuine case.if you need any more advice of help please ask any of us ..on the other hand ..if you are just messing about ..please don't
  • you sit on your office chair for 8 hours per day... Shouldn't that ring a bell? :)

I just wrote to another discussion about this chair i found because of my BEST EVER physiotherapist Wendy URL's Removed

Standards agreement and posting rules
    Please note that Spine-Health reserves the right to edit any messages posted or submitted or e-mailed to the Company and use them for content on the website or in other company materials. No e-mail solicitation or advertising of other companies, products, services, or web sites is permitted in the Spine-Health.com forums.

Post Edited by Moderator Dave
  • and the best of luck in finding a solution!
This discussion has been closed.