Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I won

bailey1bbailey1 Posts: 25
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:46 AM in Good News
I just wanted to take a moment and let everyone know I won my disability case, so wont be long now and I will start getting checks from them. one less thing to worry about. I would much rather be working that's for sure. but this is about all I can do for now.

• glad to see things looking better for ya bailey
  • hey bailey
    congrats hope things get better for you
    neck,bone spurs pain started 04, back issues and fusion l4,l5 06~hardware removed.
    good few yrs. 09 pain sharp, numbness feet,legs, diagnosed fibro, neurop. legs.lung issues.
    daily goal do good thing for someone.
  • Just saw your post, Congrat`s, I know you`d rather be working, but so nice to see you`ve won!!! TC, so happy for you!!!
  • Just saw your post, Congrat`s, I know you`d rather be working, but so nice to see you`ve won!!! TC, so happy for you!!!
  • LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    Good news Bailey, I am so happy for you

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • Wonderful news!! And one less thing to worry about.
  • Congratulations Bailey!! Less stress for you for sure! Good going!! :)

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • I had to go that route a couple of years ago, so I know how stressful it is.....and you don't need the added stress when you're also dealing with pain day in and day out!

Congratulations - hope you have smooth sailing now. It's amazing how much easier it is to breathe when one major burden is lifted.

• One less thing to worry about!!!
  • wonderful news! I pray I'm right here posting my good news aftere my hearing on Wed.
  • MetalneckMetalneck Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,364
    Did you get a denial or two and go to in front of an ALJ. Did you use a lawyer. I am in the limbo land of SSD and lossing all I have rapidly. Do tell the rest of the story !!! Please !!!

Spine-health Moderator
    Welcome to Spine-Health  Please read the linked guidelines!!

• Thats great news, congrats.
    Hope everything goes smoother for you now.
  • I can't recall the date I first applied for
    SSD but it was about 2 years ago. I've been out of work since Oct 07. I hired Binder and Binder to represent me b/c the paperwork just to apply overwhelmed me. I was denied the first time around which most are. I expected it. Then we appealed and that was also denied, so we put in a request to be seen by the ALJ (administrative law judge) and I had to wait months to get a hearing date. I just had my hearing last Wed and didn't find out there if he approved or denied. I was told that they have no amount of time to let you know...or no deadline. But, from most who have been through it, say it takes about 30-60 days before you find out. If I am denied again (the attorneys say my medical records are so good if I were over 50, I'd probably won the first time...but I'm 37, so it makes it much harder to get a favorable decision. The magic age is 50...if you are over that, and have good records and a good doctor supporting you, you should be approved)...Anyway, if I'm denied at this hearing stage, we will appeal again and try to have the judge's ruling "overgturned" which my attorney said they hate! My attorney said there have been cases that have gone all the way up to the federal court system!

Well, if you have any questions, let me know. And I have to say that Jeauxbert is an "expert" on this subject as she used to work for an attorney who only did SSD cases...so she is a wealth of knowledge...and sweet too!

God Bless!
  • Im so glad to hear that you now don't have that stress handing over you! :)