Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New here and just looking for a little advice, plz

NikkiNNikki Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:46 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi, my names Nikki, I live in Sydney Australia with my partner of 17 years and our 2 sons....I'm not even sure I have come to the right place, I'm sorry if I have, because I wasn't sure where to go. Its not me with the chronic back pain it's my partner, I just wanted to talk to someone that is in my position. Is there a subforum here for support for people who care for people with chronic pain? I'm sorry if this is only for those in pain, I just really need some help/support/guidence/advice, if someone can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you so much for reading and I'll look forward to any replies that I may get.
I hope you all have a great day! Or at least try and have a great day!

• We get several caregivers here, so you have come to a place where others care. I like the idea of a sub forum for caregivers. I'm not certain why it hasn't been thought of before now, but better late than never. I will bring the idea to the Administrators so they can discuss it.

Anyway, sorry that you are in need of support. Please feel free to drop into chat, or to just type away here. If need be, we can move the thread to a different section at a later time. The important thing at the moment is to be here for you. We are great listeners too.

I am a chronic pain sufferer myself who has recently been thrust into the role of caregiver. I understand how frustrating and lonely it can be.

Someone is generally here round the clock, so you can usually see responses within a few minutes to a few hours.

Welcome to Spine Health

• Hi Nikki

Tell us more about your partner's problems. That will help to find people with similar experiences. Most people tell about how they got here (accident, aging, etc) what doctors they have seen and what tests they have had, what diagnoses they have been given and what they have tried to help (surgery, pt, meds, injections).

And I'm not sure if you are looking for help or ideas for him or for yourself dealing with him. No matter what there are lots of caring people here who will be very happy to share their experiences.

I look forward to hearing more from you. And welcome.
  • A caregiver sub category is a great idea "C". Welcome Nikki this is a good place for info and advice. Take care!
  • Hello Nikki from another Aussie. I'm from Perth.

Let us know more about your partner's problem and we'll help and support you both as best as we can.

"C" that's a great idea for a carer's sub-forum- hope the Administrators agree.

XLIF L2-4 20.8.15
    ALIF L4/5 2009
    Laminectomy/discectomy L4/5 2008
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. so glad you dropped in.. your partner is so fortunate to have you by their side during this difficult time.. there are alot of questions to ask and be answered and you have come to the right place. we are here to give you any help we can, not just your partner.. so ask away and i hope we can be of some help to you.. good luck and drop by anytime! Jenny :)
  • Welcome to Spine-Health.

"C"'s right, we have no forum for caregivers at this time, but I believe that even if and when one is created, this can be a valuable place to learn about what your partner is going through, what his/her mindset might be, and how we deal with chronic pain, physically, emotionally and psychologically, and other things that you might find valuable to learn from a chronic pain person's perspective. And armed with that, it might help you with what you're looking for.

Can you tell us more about what you and your partner are going through so we can help you deal with? There are so many of us that understand our own partners' frustrations, but don't know what to do for THEM.

So maybe you can help us too - giving us insight into how you feel and what you go through in such a difficult situation and how we might change to make things easier for our partners.

Take care and it's nice to have you here. Feel free to post anywhere and like "C" said, you'll get responses rather quickly usually.

• and Welcome to spine Health.

We do get caregivers here who are supporting their loved ones through the difficult life that is part of the package of spinal problems.

2 names that come to mind of carers that are posting these days, are Beaver (wife of a spinal fusion husband) and PeggyM (mother of spinal fusion son).

Cath is right, perhaps we can answer your questions about living with chronic pain and you can answer our questions about coping with a loved one who is in daily pain.

This site has a lot of information on various spine problems and treatments and on this forum, there are lots of friendly people who are very willing to support others and share their story.

Glad you found us. :D
  • and you wont get better advice than from those with back pain .not only do we know a lot about pain but as most of us are married we can also see the partner point of view .you may be supplied about the amount of information that you could pick up from us ..we are a friendly bunch and this is THE BEST SITE on the web {JUST ASK ANY QUESTIONS }