Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Granted SSD Benefits

karenlkkarenl Posts: 42
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:46 AM in Degenerative Disc Disease
After 1 year in pain and several months out of work . Two months ago I applied for SSD and received a letter From SS stating I was awarded benefits with in 8 weeks. The letter stated I would received the money owed for the past 2 months was due around Aug. 1 as of yet no check. Do they generally come later then the letter states.

• Yay! Great to hear you've been approved for your disability. Hopefully by now you've received your benefits or will soon. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Amazing! I am still waiting to hear, but not holding my breath :)
  • Karen,

Congrats!!! Looks like you got it in record speed!!! Hopefully you'll see the green soon! Congrats again!!

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Thank You , I am still in shock I was geared up for a fight
    thanks again
  • I wish you the best. I was expecting this, I thought there would be a long drawn out fight. I was shocked. I was happy I received it but would have been happier if I could have kept on working.

I had 2 herniated discs C5-6 C6-7 bruised cervical spinal cord, DDD lumbar , 4 buldging dics in lumbar , Herniated thorastic dics 12 Stenosis both in cervical and lumbar , bone on bone in both knees , left knee no knee cap 27 years pattelectomy surgery done to remove broken cap. Now walking on bone bone, Suffer chronic hip bursitis both sides . Worked with most of this until last Nov then I could not take it any more pain became to much
  • Karen that is incredible. An unbelievable short wait time. Mine is being drawn out for months and months.