Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Round 15--Facet and SI injections and Nerve Burns

DegenerativeShellyDDegenerativeShelly Posts: 279
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:46 AM in Chronic Pain
Ive now had 14 procedures where they inject steroids into your facet and SI joints and then they have burn the nerve endings..I found this to be of great relief to my hips and lumbar spine but no relief from thoraic pain. I start the next round of procedures Wednesday where they are going to reinject and reburn some more of the nerves and facet joints again to give me more relief as the first lot lasted around 6 months.
Personally I dont mind going into hospital every 2 weeks to have it done as the overall drop in pain level is enough to make me keep going..
Always remember its your body and you are the one to make the ultimate decision...

• Thanks for your thoughts Charry and I wish you all the best for you on the 5th of September
  • I've never had nerve burnings but know for the injections and no sedation for me I've just about had it. #5 ESI and facet, hip, butt and SI injections next for me Sept. 2. It's nerves on edge I guess just thinking of it before hand but worth it mostly.... hopefully for the few months of relief. I hope you have longer time of relief this time. TC. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Shelly, you mentioned thoracic?? Can you tell me more please? I have had the whole gammit of SI injections. Nerve burns of RFA's and MBB'S plus epidurals in the last 10 months in my thoracic area. All due to 5 herniated thoracic disc that are inop. I can't remember how many. Nothing has worked. I guess I could count them up. Am waiting for approval for a permanent SCS.
  • I have had denervation of the bottom nerve ends which is 'burning out' but unfortunately as the Consultant told me the nerve ends grow back sometimes quite quickly! I also had numerous facet joint injections and epidurals over a 5 year period and thank goodness in December 2008 they gave me a PLIF and Decompression Operation. As you will see I am now due to have a Cervical Operation on 3 or 4 herniated discs at top of spine. Procedures and operations seem to be never ending! Hope you recover and get well soon. O:)
  • Degenerative Shelley - if there is any consolation I lost count after 20 procedures in 2 years!
This discussion has been closed.