Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Naturopathic Doctor?

ajamiesonaajamieson Posts: 65
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:46 AM in Alternative Treatments
Anyone try one for pain? I am in severe pain and I hate narcotic pain meds. Thinking of seeing a naturopathic doctor. Any thoughts?

• hi! :H i am really into eating right and taking good care of myself so alot of that includes alot of naturalistic health care... some of it we can even do ourselves, such as breast exams and "mole" detection exams...if you can find help without the use of narcotic medications then i say by all means you should try it... i saw a "healer" for several years when i lived in Hawaii and had my pain relieved that way! also, i have worked with crystals and chakra points... there are alot of different treatments and you may find something to help you.. you will certainly have a good look at what is going on in your body!! it just may be the case that you require a specialized doctor and won't find one with both qualifications. good luck! Jenny :)
  • She practices both naturalHollistic and conventional medicine. She is also the 1st non-surgeon to run the spine center through Wellspan. They except the same insurances as the hospitals. That means most/all. She is wonderfull and if you would like info for her let me know. You can contact me anytime.

Edited by Tamtam for using doctors name.
  • naturopathic doctors see your body as a whole and treat it as such. Medical doctors seem to just treat the symptoms. I've been seeing a naturpath for a while now because i just wasn't finding any relief from medical doctors. My naturopath does try and work with my neurologist,i take gabapentin for nerve damage but the Naturopath also has me on remedies for nerve pain and arthritis and has changed my diet to clean out my system.I try and eat as close to natural as possible.It has helped.She's also done some bio puncture on my shoulder as i've had some bursitis because i have very weak muscles and was overworking them it got inflamed and just wouldn't heal on its own.Now she's sent me to an osteopath because i've stopped making progress and she's hoping that he will be able to help me progress again.The two of them are going to be keeping in contact with each other as she's doing some acupuncture when i see her so they can combine there two therapies for best possible results.