Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Opinions please

jakatakjjakatak Posts: 7
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:46 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
The blah blah stenosis C5/C6 with mild disc bulge.

Here's the deal. After the last injection, I don't have the shoulder nor the arm pain. Inflammation is obviously reduced.

However, I know have numbness...just slight mind you...in the tip of my thumb and a couple fingers.

Now....I am curious as to the insidious nature of this onset.

I find it hard to believe the bone spurring is causing this multiple level pressure. Is it possible that the disc bulge is doing this?

I know I need to talk to my Doc...but I'm just fishing for some ideas....thank you

• Greetings! Obviously what I am about to say is based on my own experience, okay? My first level to go was the C5/6, and like you, I had pain, burning, numbness etc. all the way down to my thumb and index fingers. Bone spurs *can* push the disk into the cord, or the nerve roots if they are in the right (for us, wrong) location.

My C2/3 on the left side has a moderate 'cluster' of osteophytes that have pushed my disk 9+mm out to the right. Since the cord is further back at that level, I only have 'off and on' symptoms at that level. So, yes, spurs can be a problem. Some people can have a *huge* bulge and no symptoms, yet others, "tiny, small, mild" and be in agony. We are all different, so we react (or don't) differently. So yes, spurs can cause all manner of problems depending where they are, and what they are interfering with. I hope that helps. You can also use the 'search box' at the top of the web page to possibly find further answers or member experiences with the dreaded spurs and disk bulges. Take care.

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.