Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Boston Sciencetific vs Medtronics

susandevssusandev Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:46 AM in Spinal Cord Stimulation
Hi All
I am about to remove my second Medtronic stim. My Doc. says he no longer uses them and now wants me to put in a Boston scs. My question..has anyone out there had both and which did you prefer? My first machine (medtronic 9 yr. rechargeable) lasted 2 years before needing a new battery. In May we put in a second one and have yet to get it to be programed correctly. My biggest problem with Medtronics are their techs. My machine has been broken since Feb. They don't show for appointments or call at the last minute and say "I hope you did not leave yet? hahaha" I am back up to 8-10 percs. a day plus all my other meds, with the machine I am down to 3. I really need some feed back on the techs and the quality of their programing. It does no good to insert the machine with leads for the back and foot and the coverage I get is knee and stomach. When I or my Doc can acually get someone to show up it's "Oh Well with her nerve damage this is the best I can do" la de da!!! Well I know thats not true because my first machine (while it lasted) worked great, but ofcause that tech is no longer with the company!!!
Thanks for listening

• I only have a Medtronic. I'm confused as to why you can't get the programming of the new device correct. Did they not print out a copy of your programs from your original unit? The Doctor who did my surgery, my PM Doctor, Medtronic, and I keep a copy of all programming changes. I also manage a personal spreadsheet to track all programming changes and personal modifications that I make. I just don't understand why they can't get the new IPG to perform like the replaced one. Are they sure that the new unit is properly installed? There are diagnostics that can be run to verify the functionality of the IPG. Of course, I am assuming that they did not touch your leads when they replaced the battery.

• Hi Dave
    Thanks for the responce. I should have given a little more info on the swap. The battery died, and a leads moved (with no fall)so yes they started from scratch, new leads and battery. I wish I would have talked to you 3 years ago...and everyone pls. take note your keeping a spreadsheet is the BEST idea I have heard yet. When my battery died, (I think the leads crossed and shorted) although they say could never happen, they were real close when they were removed, my battery lost all info and as I said the original Tech is now gone with all his notes, so I have nothing from the first programing. 5 Techs later I am now removing it, I just does me no good cause they cant get the spots. My battery failed in Feb. and I still dont have a working machine, I hope the lack of concern and humanity from the techs is just in this area, as I aid we have been through 5 this go round and cant even get them to show half the time. I was still woring till April but the amount of meds put me back out, and I feel like there is no reason for it because they did such a wounderful job for 2 yrs. and then fell apart. Im in NY let me know if you have a good rep and are close, I would love to give it another shot...