Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

May need decompression

LcashLLcash Posts: 24
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:46 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
So I went to my Neurosurgeon with my MRI for the lower back and he sends me to the pain Dr to do the shots. He said I had moderate spinal stenosis with herniations in the L4 of 2mm and L5 of 3mm. The pain Dr looked at the MRI and said I also had facet joint arthritis. I have pain down both legs and in the lower back. So she gives me the epidural shots for the sciatica pain and it worked for about 2 weeks. She did a facet joint nerve block that worked for a few days. So she does another epidural for sciatica and it did not work at all. Then she does a Rhyzotomy on the facet joint and that didn't work either. Now she is sending me back to the Neurosurgeon. She says that a decompression is in order. I figure that if the Dr is going to be in there for that then he should do the bulged disks as well. What should I ask the Neuro when I see him tomorrow?

• Welcome to Spine-Health.

Please go to the FAQ section at the top of this page and near the bottom of the section, you'll find a link to 38 questions to ask your surgeon, as well as other info that might be in your best interest at this point.

Then, when you get back here after the appointment, you can do a search at the top of the page with some terms and treatments your surgeon suggested.

Please let us know how your appoihntment goes and what is said.

• Thank you Cath, that was helpfull!

• LCash the best advice is to write down your questions and take the paper to the doctor tomorrow. And leave room to fill in answers.

Also if there is anyone who can go with you that's a great idea. Four ears are better than two. Good Luck tomorrow and let us know what happens.
  • Well I just got back from the Dr office and he said that the only thing to do now is a laminectomy without the fusion. We have it scheduled for August 30th.