Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Tens unit

mike 29mmike 29 Posts: 35
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:46 AM in Pain Management
Just received a tens unit and it is great. It always help in pt with a heat pad and now I can do it at home.

• i have the acticare its very good i have it on almost all the time .
  • I have one coming too to try and help with some muscle pain in my upper back. Glad to read your good report.
  • got it for my cervical issues and it really helped my sholder area and neck...but since I'ver herniated my lower back...I can't imagine putting that thing on my sciatic area...OUCH! I casn't even stand for my clothes to touch the area, much less to be zapped by electrical pulses. Anyone else like me?
  • I can use the TENS on my lower back on either side of the spine but not able to tolerate it on my neck area at all. Good luck Mike it's very comforting on. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I find my TENS unit helps quite a lot sometimes. The problem for me is that where I live it is usually so humid that I can't keep the pads on! I mainly use it indoors. I find I can't put the electrodes too close to my scar (from my laminectomy), as it stings really badly. I'm thinking of upgrading to an Acticare unit soon. The one I'm using now is a 'Twin-Stim' and cost under $100.
  • Who prescribed your Tens unit? I would like to get my insurance to pay for one. Is there a model that attaches without adhesives? It would be difficult for me attach anything in my area of pain due to decreased ROM.
    Severe DDD. Klippel Feil Deformity. Cervical Foraminatomy that turned into Lamy. I have tried so many treatments, therapy's and medications.
  • i love my unit too. it has helped with any muscle pain. i get a lot in my legs, so i just move it all around to wherever im hurting.

got mine through physical therapy requesting it through my dr.
  • mine was prescribed by my PM doctor.

Also, with decreased ROM...i can see it being difficult to place the leads...is there anyone else who could possibly place them for you?