Well, I did it. I went ahead & had the surgery. My thought was why treat the symptoms when I could just address the problem itself. The one thing I kept thinking was why would anyone wait until the symptoms got really bad when those very symptoms could be irreversable? So I went ahead & had the surgery. ACDF ON C3/4, C4/5, & C6/7. I spent 2 days in hospital with not being able to swallow much & the worst sore thoat imaginable being my worst pain. The nausea from the anesthesis was horrible but after 24 hours it all became manageable for me. It's been a week & I'm still not able to swallow well but am managing that ok as well. It will pass. Today I didn't have to take any pain meds until this evening so I'll try & get off that stuff ASAP! I hate to take anything that may be addictive, scares me to death!
So, so far so good & thanks to all of you for sharing your knowledge with me & helping me to make the decision!