Well, I am on day 20. I fell really good. I am in very little pain, I am driving, I am using the bathroom everyday again, and I think things are going to be OK. I understand that I still need to take it easy and do nothing for another couple of weeks. Considering I am in the Navy and I was treated at a military treatment facility (Tripler AMC) my surgery and recovery is something I have to do or I get the boot. Everybody with limited knowledge on my condition said I should avoid surgery. Everybody with detailed knowledge of my condition said have surgery. My advice:
1. Listen to the experts who know you and you're condition, not the orderly taking your blood pressure.
2. Make sure you have a post surgery bomb shelter set up. That little trip to the AM/PM for milk just ain't gonna happen.
3. Does your shower have handles on the wall? Get some.
4. One can never have to many pillows when recovering from back surgery. All shapes and sizes.
5. Think positive, I love how many times I tell myself things are going to be OK. I am really not sure, but it helps me have a better day.
I will post more as my recovery continues. So far so good!!