Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

20 days post op.

BrianBBrian Posts: 11
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:46 AM in Recovering from Surgery
Well, I am on day 20. I fell really good. I am in very little pain, I am driving, I am using the bathroom everyday again, and I think things are going to be OK. I understand that I still need to take it easy and do nothing for another couple of weeks. Considering I am in the Navy and I was treated at a military treatment facility (Tripler AMC) my surgery and recovery is something I have to do or I get the boot. Everybody with limited knowledge on my condition said I should avoid surgery. Everybody with detailed knowledge of my condition said have surgery. My advice:
1. Listen to the experts who know you and you're condition, not the orderly taking your blood pressure.
2. Make sure you have a post surgery bomb shelter set up. That little trip to the AM/PM for milk just ain't gonna happen.
3. Does your shower have handles on the wall? Get some.
4. One can never have to many pillows when recovering from back surgery. All shapes and sizes.
5. Think positive, I love how many times I tell myself things are going to be OK. I am really not sure, but it helps me have a better day.
I will post more as my recovery continues. So far so good!!

• Brian,

Thanks for the update!! Always good to hear when recovery is going well. Please continue following doctors orders, and rest and heal. :)

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.

• Brian, you are doing really well.
    Keep up the good work! :-)

You will have ups and downs along the way, but as long as you are generally travelling forward, you are doing well!
    Look forward to hearing more as you progress along Recovery Road.
  • Glad that you are recovering well. I actually found the walks to the convenience store to be something to look forward to each day. I incorporated it into my day so as to get myself out of the house and walking in the fresh air. Of course I only lived about 350 yards from the store, but none-the-less it was a treat. I could get just a few things without going over my weight limit for lifting and of course the ice cream sandwich was always a welcome treat.

• I love ice cream sandwiches.
  • The ones in Japan are made with a creamier ice cream and there's just something about the texture that makes them soooo delicious!