Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Nooooo! Don't leave me!

happyHBmomhhappyHBmom Posts: 2,070
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:46 AM in Pain Management
My PM doctor is leaving the practice! I am so bummed. I can't decide whether to try one of the other two doctors in this practice (both of whom seem perfectly fine, but quite different and a bit stiffer).

Should I make an appt. before he leaves and ask his opinion on which one I should see?

I hate this. They should know better than to leave us. It makes us cry :(

• HB,

I would try to get another appointment with him, and see if he has other PM's (maybe one in that office) that he thinks would best address your pain management. I hope it turns out as a transparent transition to a new PM. :)

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Hi HBmom,

I would definitely talk with your doctor to get a recommendation to another PM. From what you write, it seems as though you have a great relationship with him. Since he knows your history, he is probably well suited to make a referral.

• j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,730
    I'm with Brenda and flower. Have one more appointment with him befor he leaves.
    Good luck, Jim
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • Ya got my vote, i agree with every one else.
  • One more appt. before he leaves. It could be that he may even discuss his cases with the Dr.'s who may be taking them on. This could be favorable for you. If he brings them up to date and discusses what has been transpiring and what he has done for you they may very well continue in his footsteps. It sounds as though you have a great relationship with your Dr. and if you can express your concerns before he leaves he may very well be able to assist you.
    Good luck
  • I had this happen with one of my doctors, and yeah, I was quite bummed too. That was 2 years ago. The replacement was handpicked by the clinic, and has been wonderful. It took a few visits to become comfortable and build trust, but it has all worked out beautifully.

I would guess that there could be some politicing going on in that office and your current PM doctor could recommend one of the 2 other docs there just out of loyalty. So another thought would be to schedule an appointment with one of those two doctors and discuss your history and current plan of treatment to see how they will work with you. You could also try to talk to some of his/her patients and see what they think. Or even your current doctor's nurse may be able to shed some light on whom would work best for you.
    Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!