Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

new member here...thoracic & lumbar issues

kaydkkayd Posts: 7
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:46 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi everyone posted some replies before & asked questions but never really introduced myself.So here goes...I am now 40 years old dealing with pain for 3 years since car accident.At first just thought it was whiplash neck pain.then it seemed everything flared up..had problems with jaw,shoulders,arms,between shoulder blades was the worst.Could go on & on but too keep it short..went through pt,chiro,pm,lots of meds,lots of injections,lots of just trying to ignore the pain ..thinking just get over it.having people say u look fine whats wrong.then started problems with lower back..after finally getting mri of thoracic & lumbar found T4-5 T6-7 T7-8 hern.disc& problems with sac. joints & L5-S1 hern disc.
It took awhile & lots of docs who would not touch T spine, found pm dr who did esi in t spine area..didnt give much relief so ending up just taking lots of meds.
Lots more all in between there & here but wanted to let others dealing with T spine problems no there are some drs who can help.
My thoracic pain was always the worst so I pushed for something more then meds & shots...my pm dr sent me to neurosurgeon who wasnt even convinced my pain which would radiate around rib area ,esp under bra band,sometimes fells like someone sitting on my chest,just a crushing feeling was even from the disc. but said if they did surg would be such major surg going thru chest,involving lungs & all as long as i could walk & wasnt losing control of bladder & bowels..deal with it but he then said maybe u should get an other opinion in Philadelphia where they would see Tspine injuries more.
Well I am so glad he sent me to Philly..neurosurgeon I seen ..said def the problems I was having was from disc in tpine & he could help me!
I am wrtiting a book here but have so much to say esp to all dealing with thoracic issues.I think I will post the rest under thoracic & surgery..I did have surg on 7/7/10.I am doing pretty good but like I said will start posting under those topics.
I am so glad I found this site & for awhile would just read everything & think about writing but am hoping I can help someone dealing with some of the same problems know they do not have to just live with the pain or let u think there is nothing they can do.
Thanks to anyone who reads my long story here...hope I can give someone hope for some relief with thoracic issues.

• Thank you for telling us more about yourself and how you've been dealing with your pain issues.

So happy you got that second opinion and now after surgery, you are in recovery.

Will read your other posts under the Thoracic section.

XLIF L2-4 20.8.15
    ALIF L4/5 2009
    Laminectomy/discectomy L4/5 2008
  • Good to hear you've found a Dr. that was able to help you. It just encourages us to not give up looking for a Dr. to help. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. all the best for a successful surgery and a complete recovery!! make yourself at home and be sure and stop by anytime! Jenny :)