Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

neck,shoulder, back pain

catinakccatinak Posts: 3
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:46 AM in Spinal Injections
I was wondering if anyone on here had Facet injections in your neck and did it help? I had mine on friday don't seem to be working but really not sure. Seems like one side don't but the other does and still have shoulder pain. And course I have my mid and lower back pain. I had this injection done on Friday. after I had a MRI, myologram and a C/T done. I had 2 c spine surgeries. The first one I had 4 blown disc 4 plates and 8 screws, a year later I was still in pain, went back in for a 2nd surgery found out one of the screw had came lose and the plate had moved. They removed the older hardware and replaced with new. Here I am a year later same problems never went away, been in pain ever day. Found a new doctor seem to like him he don't act like I am taking up his time. Really sweet guy. After all the test done on Friday 8-20-19 he asked could he have the facet injections done in my c spine to see if that helps with the pain so far no it hasn't. Has anyone had this done? what is the next course of action did you have to take?

• HI Catina

I had surgery at t1/2 and pain came back from that area and above. My PM doc says he cannot do facet injections now because the area is so small to begin with and the scar tissue would make it impossible.

In my case they wanted to do the injections to pinpoint the pain source. So maybe this is saying that your pain isn't coming from the level they injected. Of course the problem is you don't know if it isn't helping because its the wrong level or if it is because the meds are wrong or if the injection didn't get to the area they intended. Very confusing.

Where is your pain coming from now? You mentioned lower back issues. Have they looked into that yet?
  • Hello Kris,

lower back just have a bulging disc at L 6 I think it is and a disc in T 6 and 7 that are not where they are surpost to be. My new doctor wants to focus on the cspine get that cleared ip before we move on to the next level.
    I had the facet ijections done on Friday still feel pain in my shoulders and upper back. I can't decide if the pain in my neck is due to the injections or the same pain as before. Kinda of hard to tell. I am to call him on monday and let him know how I feel and about he pain levels in the neck shoulder upper back is doing.
  • I've had cervical facet injections and they always leave me feeling like I got punched in the neck. It's a very "bruised" type of feeling and different from the normal pain. I tend to get some relief from hot and cold packs.

Hope you feel better soon.

• I don't feel like I have been hit in the neck just very sore feeling. across my shoulders middle of my back on the other side of my neck is what hurts now. but the side I got the injection onjust feels numb. IF I turn a certain way it feels bursed but thats it.