Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

quick question for those who have SSD

tarheelgirlttarheelgirl Posts: 473
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:46 AM in Health Insurance Issues
Hey spineys! I have a quick question for those of you who have (or even have not been) awared a fully favorable decision. Did you get your congressmen involved with your case? I've heard so many personal stories of this helping and my attornies at Binder and Binder suggested this. I recieved letters from both senators that they were notified of my ALJ hearing coming up and to call if I had any concerns or questions.

1. How many of you used this approach?
2. What can the senators do at THIS point in my case (my hearing is a week from this Wed).

• Can't hurt to call. Nothing ventured nothing gained
  • I was one of the very lucky few who was approved exactly 8 wks from the day of filing with no attorney involved. I realize this is rare so I feel very lucky even though my records spoke for themselves, I hear of so many who get declined on their first and sometimes 2nd tries.
    It sounds as though you are going in with attorneys which is a good thing from what I have heard. I have never heard of getting your Congressman involved but it could only be a good thing I would think.
    Good Luck and I wish you the best. Hope you are approved right away.
  • i have never heard of this before but if this approach gets you your ssdi then take it!!! :D what have you got to lose? good luck!! Jenny :)
  • I HAVE never heard of anyone calling on your congressmen, I guess it doesnt hurt but kinda seems you are grasping at straws getting them involved. I was approved at 38 years of age, but I had alot of things wrong with me. I have seen you have posted alot of questions here, but have never seen you say what your diagnoses was ?

good luck
  • My attornies, Binder and Binder actually suggested I get them involved as well as 3 or 4 personal stories I've heard of people using them. At this point, if you call it grasping at straws, then I am. My family has lost everything due to my loss of salary.

My diagnoses are cervical to sacral issues. I have DDD, have 4 bulging/herniated discs cervical with nerve damage in my right arm and hand (can't pick up a jug of milk or a plate of food without support from left hand). Then I have two thoracic discs bulging and 3 in lumbar area...L5/S1 bad herniation with severe, severe sciatica...many times unable to bear weight. Haven't driven in two years. Scoliosis and spinal stenosis, hip arthritis. I think that is it... I may be missing something. Perhaps I should put this in my signature like many of you do. I take 60mg oxycontin twice daily, 20mg IR oxycodone 6times a day for break thru, topamax, soma, prozac and much more. I've tried every treatment possible that I can think of...nothing helps.