Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

What do you really want? - The jar

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,869
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:46 AM in Depression and Coping
We have all been through some difficult times. Some of us more so than others.
Putting everything aside, what is it that you really want??

I've asked this question to many people, not only spinal patients, but COPD patients, Patients with a very pale outlook, etc

We can all talk about pain relief, not having to deal with pain every day. Thats understood. So I am asking more than that. Almost as if you had a Genie jar and had three wishes.

What are the the three things that you really wish for?
(do not include anything about a pain free life)

Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• MetalneckMetalneck Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,364
    End of War - Nukes
    End of Hunger
    Love for All (All you need is Love) - John Lennon

Spine-health Moderator
    Welcome to Spine-Health  Please read the linked guidelines!!

• Hi Dave!!! Ron!!! :)

Win the Lottery - a moderate one
    A complete Home Makeover
    A latest edition top of the line Class "A" RV

Hummm.. I guess if wish number 1 came in, the rest I could take care of? :)

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • That my family would be reconciled.
    Get my pensions so I can travel a little.
    Have a fulfilling happy life.

Brenda-I've applied to HGTV for one home makeover and will a couple of others.
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • First would be world peace.

No more suffering for anyone be it physical or emotional.

See happy shiny faces all over the place laughing and enjoying life.
  • Charry,

Wow, let me know how that goes!! :) I forgot that for a lot of those shows we enjoy, the homeowner had to apply just like a game show! Pretty neat. Fingers crossed for ya!!!

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Be completely out of debt so that my husband doesn't have to work so hard.
    Help my children to become successful, responsible, and kind adults.
    To be able to make a difference in someone's life, for the better, because of the things I have learned through my own experiences.

Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
  • Happiness, Love and Health for my two children.
    (this is not related to my pain but) my husband has a heart condition among other chronic health problems so I wish for improved health for him.
    And lastly, a world where everyone would follow the Golden Rule-Do Unto Others as you would have them do unto you. Wouldn't that be a wonderful way for everyone to live. It certainly would solve alot of problems this country is facing.
    A world where everyone would feel safe and would be compassionate to others.

Ron you come up with some very nice posts, they actually bring up my spirits alot of the time. Thank you! You get us thinking about the positive aspects of life rather than dwelling on our situations constantly.
  • jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
    Restore my mothers breathing, she has severe copd
    Cure autism
    And being selfish...win the lottery
  • Ah, three wishes...

I wish for peace, and for all to truly live their lives according to The Golden Rule

I wish for no harm or abuse to come to the innocent

I wish for a nice job that I love and am capable of doing
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    I've sat here and thought about it, and thought about it. I can't come up with three wishes that are different from all the others. I agree with all of those. The only real wish I have right now is I wish I had a nutty-buddy ice cream. I've got simple tastes...lol

• These are very easy for me, and what I have wanted for a long time.
    -go back to school, work to become a nurse
    -be able to go out on the field and play ball with my kids, and run all over with them
    -happiness, just plain old happiness, and peace with myself
  • 1. That everyone would have compassion and understanding for all of man (and women!) kind;

2. That there was an antidote for all diseases, physical or mental, but especially cancer, as my dad would still be with us; and

3. The chance to hug and talk to my dad, just one more time... even though he might kick my butt for certain choices I've made in the past 18 years #o
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • Being able to work again and feel proud of what I'm doing.

Friends I respect and can relate to.

The opportunity to do something to change the world I live in for the better.
  • It would be nice if certain doctors could feel their patients pain and discomfort thereby developing a measure of real understanding.

It would be nice if there was no longer any SPAM (the Internet kind)

It would be really nice if computers were fitted with a version of AI that would not allow users to pose as anything or anybody other than what/who they are in real life
  • i want to feel better!! and be happy again , i force my self to get in that pool 5 days a week, i want to ride again trying to sell motorcycle, i want my old self back!!! happy and carefree have not slept in my bed since dec, because of the new onset problem my neck!!! i really do not know been through 2 major back surgeries already, I guess i will not know, i want to go to arizona in the winter where it is warmer, like 80 and dry heat but afraid of change!!!my daughter will be leaving for arizona next summer for collage , but honestly i do not know what i really want!!!
  • Well HGTV wrote me back and asked for the height of basement and pic of me and husband as I sent two of us but separate pics. Now my husband doesn't want to do it and it does cost money so I decided not to. So good news they do answer! TC. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,730
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!