Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Need some Advise REALLY BAD .....

ToYoungforThisTToYoungforThis Posts: 150
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:46 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Wondering if I have another bad disc in my neck. I do not know what it feels like to have just a cervical disc compressing bulging, because I had other nerves compressed at the same time. But now I have this pain in my left arm that is like a heavy feeling with numbness, it is worse when sleeping or movement. It has been going on for about 2 weeks now non stop and not getting better. Wondering what it feels like to have disc bulging that is bothering the nerves in arms? Any symptom information would be great......

• Symptoms are going to vary from person to person, disc to disc. Depending upon what disc, where the bulge is, how large the bulge is, etc... You can look at a dermatome map and see what general level it could be from. The best thing to do is to contact your doc and have it evaluated. Don't want to let it go on too long in case it is something that can cause long term problems.

Here's a link to an article on symptoms and treatment of herniated cervical discs. http://www.spine-health.com/conditions/herniated-disc/cervical-herniated-disc-symptoms-and-treatment-options

Hang in there,

• I would be making an appoinment with my Dr to get it checked as it could be many things..
    Ive had a 3 level fusion on my neck only because there were no discs left at all and I still get arm pain to the point that I can hardly use them.
    Take care and let us know how you et on..
  • Well sucks to say i do know what is going on the disc nerve root is compressed with a side bulge, and there are a few pieces of bone from prior surgery that could be causing issues too. Ugg my 2nd cervical fusion was just 1 year ago. I have already had 2 ulnar nerve transposition done this year. Oh well I cant be in pain like this UGGGGGGGGGG. Left apt a bit upset and will call to let them know when surgery will work for me. This will be my 16th surgery since Feb of 06 REALLY!!!!
  • You are too young for this. I'm sorry. Hopefully this one will be the one to give you good results.
  • Sorry to hear you have another surgery coming. At a week and 1 year post op for my C5/6 fusion, I was yawning (the nice fully arm stretched type) and my hubby off to my left asked a question. I turned to answer, and yup, pop C6/7 went - that fast - another fusion done! I know what you're feeling there. 8 months later I reherniated, but since the disk 'didn't stay out', and no loss of strength or numbness - just pain (yeah, easy for them to say), I was told to give it a few days. Still have the neck pain, and some to the left arm now (all was to the right before), but still no loss of strength or numbness...

At 10 or 11 months, I started losing the next level. So like you had the Ulnar transposed, but EMG shows that surgery is still good - issues coming from the C8 nerve. :( Like you said in chat last night, we are very similar in many ways. I will keep you in my thoughts and send you positive energy. *HUGZ*

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • hey i would recommend you to consult the doctor because this might lead to some severe problem. therefore it is better to consult the doctor and then start the proper checkup

Standards agreement and posting rules
    Please note that Spine-Health reserves the right to edit any messages posted or submitted or e-mailed to the Company and use them for content on the website or in other company materials. No e-mail solicitation or advertising of other companies, products, services, or web sites is permitted in the Spine-Health.com forums.

Post Edited by Moderator haglandc