Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

oh god another late night!

tammycttammyc Posts: 894
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:46 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I can't believe that i'm up at 3am with more back pain!!! I thought that after my surgery this would be nothing but a bad memory,but its coming back all over again. My back and chest are all cramped up.I've taken all the pain meds and muscle relaxers that i can take for tonight,i've been laying on a heating pad and just got out of a hot bath and my muscles are still cramped up. I hate this feeling and i want it gone.I'm so tired but every I) time i lay down and try to sleep the pain from the tight muscles just overtakes me and i have to get up and move around.What else can i do?????? :? :S #o

• Tammy,

So sorry to heat what your are going thru - - it just is so difficult to hear thats going on and to go thru!

Remembering the post-surgeries pain c-spine and other body major joint surgeries..and feeling the "suffering" it felt like and the rude awakening of it being post-surgery after it is "fixed".

I'm not very acquainted with you and your surgery,but know when that pain level with no sign of relief and not getting sleep the stark wee-hours, that would be the "bottom" for me and to get something to change that scenario and soon!

The things that worked for me:
    -Meds for the pain, levels of anxiety and/or depression anxiety and to assure good sleep;
    they definitely made a huge difference for me to get the kind dosing and timing of when to take

-Two-legged support while the pain is going on no matter what time

-soft music that you enjoy and when you want to relax;
    -inspirational compassionate reading material;
    -slow-full focus breathing, slow my mind and thoughts, the pace your mind/anxiety experience;
    -affirming index cards in a pretty box to self-assure and self-talk what you know is true and good in your life;
    -watch a movie your really love that you can get into that you can get lost into with fun characters won't tug at your mind, lighthearted movie, uplifting movies;
    -have special things planned coffee/tea mug, warm soothing milk, cocoa, tea, fav book, fav music all -keep lighting in room(s) low and not bright;

-Special place where you can go to that
    space for this time

My journey with my Body and Chronic Pain with my ongoing progressive disease of systemic spondylosis arthritis (whole body) and major spine isssues has been, learning what works for me and how to "change my experience of it is real important to allow that pain level (Body) and your endurance level (Psyche) emotions, coping skills, self-nurturing) to not be in a "full-swing severe pendulum" - - you have to have all of the above, body, mind, emotions, spirit all working to move through the experience. Get fully acquainted with those aspects of you!

Learning that and finding how I can "change my experience: was Empowering and truly change that "Powerless" experience !

Body in Pain is Chronic & Intolerable - Check Out Where I AM
    (Emotions / Fear Thoughts Take Over versus my Mind / Spirit aspects of me that can change the experience even with the Body hurting.

Hope this helps...((((hugs))) and you know where to come to vent, talk it all out and not be alone :) and people that understand & truly care!!!