Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

This is not what I thought it was going to be..............

HeidiLynnMHHeidiLynnM Posts: 445
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:46 AM in Depression and Coping
I am getting really down on this whole problem with my back, legs, and PAIN. I feel so bad for complaining. I have a friend with brain cancer, and here I am with chronic back pain crying about it. I am 30 years old with 3 children. I feel like my life is going nowhere. My husband is also disabled. He had a spinal fusion 3 years ago that failed. I feel like I have failed too. I was talking to my sister in law that has MS, and she told me that I just need to learn how to cope, and accept. I don't know how to?!

I have never really liked to take any pain meds before. I am now needing to take pain meds. I don't have a appt. to see the pm doctor until the 1st of the month. I have some very old crappy meds that I have been taking. They do no good AT ALL :( I only have 7 more days of suffering. This is just not me, I am not like this. I have had to learn to accept a lot of things in my life. How do you accept this???????????? I am so sorry to cry, I just need someone to talk to.

• You've asked the $64,000 question. Chronic pain just plain stinks. Its OK to complain and be upset. The road to acceptance is a long one for many. I have been on this spiney journey for over 7 years now and more recently, every time I think to myself that I have reached the acceptance mode, something happens to set me back.

I wonder if anyone really accepts their chronic pain (?) but maybe we have periods where we are doing allright with the hand we've been dealt and then other times where we just get to the point of had enough, like a rollercoaster (but not a fun one!)

Hopefully your Dr. can give you some meds or PT to help you feel better. We're here when you need to vent/cry or just talk to others who are in the same boat. Take care,

• I may sound strange but I find being busy and active helps. I need to keep moving so I don't have time to think about the pain.

Funny thing happened today. Went to a new doc. He's doing the history and asked what I am taking. I told him and he asked what else and I said nothing. I don't like to take much and I find that if I distract myself I can get through most of the small stuff. He looked pretty shocked.

If you need something then you should take it. But you might want to try some other things to lift your spirits. Sometimes this can be enough to reduce the pain.